PC very unstable after building in new case, only part that changed is PCIE Riser cable

L

lucasMckMan

Built a new pc earlier this year, around december. I transferred to a new case with a new mobo and ram shortly after. This case requires the use of a pcie riser cable due to gpu size limitations. The pc ran fine for around 2 weeks then started to have crashes. Blue screen most some just black screens then the pc would reset. I did multiple fresh installs of windows, and all drivers. I bought a crash dump analyzer and driver optimizer to make sure i dont miss anything and hoping to catch the problem. I will leave the dumps here but i went over them and they all say driver issues. I have the latest of all drivers and all my parts are compatible. There are no thermal issues i been monitoring that with hardware monitor. Seems to only happen while gaming, usually when my gpu is pushing enough fps to match my monitor. My gpu has moderate coil whine, somewhat normal for the 3070's aparently. I tried the pc without the PCIe riser cable and it seemed to be more stable. So then i bought a "gen 4.0 " pcie riser from linkup to see if maybe it was an issue there because the thermaltake one is only 3.0(i edited bios to only run pcie 3.0 to help issues there because my mobo and gpu is gen 4.0) But this still crashed. So i really dont know what to do, could it be the riser cables? It seems to happen weeks after geting new ones, i really dont know. Im not the 1st one to run a 30 series on a riser cable. It sucks because to use the pc without it i have to zip tie my huge 360 aio outside the case to not have the freakly large asus 3070 interfere with it and beable to use the mobo pcie slot.

I will add my recent dump files, alot are missing from reinstalls.

15bce22e-f33f-4750-bd0d-78fe18aaba16?upload=true.png

9ccbd806-60e9-4439-95d0-b32dc5bd84c1?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom