Main monitor displays nothing after restarting with Wacom tablet connected

E

Exalixir

The basic rundown of my issue is this: I restarted my computer with my Cintiq connected. When the computer restarted, my primary monitor had no display, and my Cintiq had somehow become the main monitor instead.

The monitor is powered on, but isn't receiving any signal from my GPU. Using Detect in the Display settings doesn't find the monitor, nor does Nvidia Control Panel. The drivers for the tablet are up-to-date. The monitor drivers I got from Samsung's website were installed, but when they didn't seem to do anything, I uninstalled them. I have also tried multiple times to shut down my computer, unplug everything related to the tablet, and power it back on, but the monitor never displays anything, and I have to eventually plug the tablet back in to see anything.

Monitor: Samsung 27CHG70, 1440p 144Hz, connected via DisplayPort

Tablet: Wacom Cintiq DTK-1660, connected via HDMI and USB

GPU: 2070 Super 8GB (Nvidia ver. 465.89)

Windows ver: 20H2

I have had this issue before, and the "fix" was to reset to a restore point with everything tablet related unplugged. After that I had to connect the tablet whenever I wanted to use it and disconnect it any time I needed to restart, which is incredibly annoying. I'd like to avoid that if possible and see if there's a better solution.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom