Palm Rejection Not Working - HP Envy x360 2 in 1

N

Nathan Mach

[COLOR=rgba(34, 34, 34, 1)]Hello, I am having problems with my HP. I use the computer as a 2 in 1 and use the stylus writing on the screen to take notes, tests, and complete school work. I bought the machine last summer in June.

The scenario of my problems is as listed below.

1) I was using the touch screen as usual, and on Saturday night February 13 the stylus function went out and was not working properly.

2) When I rest my palm on the screen the stylus will not work, however when I lift my hand off the screen the pen will write fine and works fine.

3) I contacted HP support and went through all the trouble shooting with them until the end of the line and they determined it a hardware issue..

4) I need my computer every day for school, so I bought a new computer (the exact same HP 2 in 1 computer with a newer AMD chip) from Costco (90 day return policy), and started to get it set up so I could send the old computer back..

5) The new computer worked fine with the stylus pen, but once I hooked up my secondary monitor it went haywire, and the same issue with the old machine came up with the touch screen. When the monitor is disconnected from the computer, the issue does not go away, and the [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(34, 34, 34, 1)]only way I was able to get it to go away was to utilize a previous system restore point or rest the computer. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(34, 34, 34, 1)]6) I have two secondary monitors and the issue occurs through the HDMI port, and the thunderbolt port.

7) I bought an artists glove to see if that would help with the apparent palm rejection issue, and it does work if I have the screen register the pen prior to resting my palm on the screen, however if I put my palm on the screen before the screen registers the pen, then the stylus will not work. [/COLOR]

Continue reading...