Can you expand internal storage with storage devices?

Y

yikenW

So I have a desktop PC running windows 10, with 50 GB of storage. 50 GB is not enough for me, so I want to expand it, but I also don't want to spend a lot of money on new internal hard drives since the device is pretty old. But I have a lot of USBs and external storage devices, I was wondering if I can plug them into my PC and make the PC think the USBs are internal storage devices. If the PC thinks they are internal storage devices, it'll make the storage on local bigger. For example, If I plug a 32 GB USB, the PC thinks I'm adding more internal storage, and the storage in windows C goes from 50 to 82 GB.

If you ask why I don't just use a USB for extra storage. A usb is not on local, which means I can't run apps from the USB (they'll install on local anyways, which would be fine for portable apps, but I don't have any). Saving downloads and documents saves to local automatically, and it takes time and hassle to copy them from local to external and back.

If you have a solution for expanding the storage of local by using USB's, please let me know, even if it's on beta, alpha-beta, hard to use, unreliable, if it seems to be a viable solution, let me know, I'm that desperate. 50 GB is totally used up by now, and it's only been my first day.

Also, it's an optiplex 990(not upgraded). Intel core i5, 8GB's ram, 50 GB's internal hard drive.

Edit: if this question is unclear in any way, please don't hesitate to ask

Continue reading...