Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

A

ArdeaAbe

My computer consistently freezes while playing video game. When the computer freezes it locks solid leaving the last thing on the screen and the audio glitches out as well sounding like its just playing the last sound extended until I long press the power button. Event Viewer gives me a kernal-power 41 error.

This only happens when playing video games. I play games with a Bluetooth controller, the 8bitdo SNES Pro+. I've had this computer locking issues while playing: Phasmophobia, Valheim, Space Hulk: Deathwing and Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I have NOT had this problem while playing games like Cross Code, Blasphemous and Hollow Knight

I've posted before and was recommended to follow Greg's help on this post Pc randomly freezing and restarting

I have now completed all these steps. I have fresh installed Windows 10. I have stress tested my GPU, CPU and RAM and they were all just fine. No shutdowns no errors. I've stress tested them all at once for a max power draw and it didn't cause the PSU to cause a problem either. I've updated my BIOS, my HD firmware and the drivers for every thing that I can possibly get my hands on and this still happens.

I'm at my wit's end with this problem. I'm constantly freezing while playing games and that's why I bought this PC.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom