Running out of storage on Surface Go and OneDrive Interface

N

NigelA2

Hi MS Community

I have a rather dumb set of questions:

1. I have Surface Go with about 120GB of storage all software up to date.

2. I have a OneDrive account with oodles of space as I have 1TB and used about 177GB.

3. I have been through the app clean up and deleted unused apps and disk clean up and created about 9GB of space but as you can see this has gone!

4. One drive appears to have created a folder on the C: drive with about 64GB in it - obviously not a full duplication.

4. I dont want to press any delete or remove duplicate material without understanding what is going to happen.

21e59fd6-297c-4cc7-8a5f-a3bd762e4a3f?upload=true.png

Dumb Questions:

a) When I click on OneDrive as shown in the screenshot It takes me to File Explorer and a folder >One Drive and lists out all the folders I have under this as shown below and when I right click on >One Drive and then Properties it shows the pathname to c:/Users/naaus.

i) I assume that is a copy of the Cloud OneDrive files that I have been accessing?

ii) Does MS automatically do a full copy of the OneDrive files on the SurfaceGo?

iii) Does it clearly doesnt automatically copy down all the files and folders?

iv) I thought when I was working on Word, PPT, Excel files these were saved in the Cloud as this was the whole purpose of having OneDrive so I can access when mobile or from the phone. So when I am working on files that are in this C drive One drive folder can I assume that these are automatically backed up to the Cloud.

iv) Do I need to periodically delete these to create space?

9c4a7e39-e370-414c-8d65-b61f46987eb4?upload=true.png

v) Can I limit the OneDrive files on the C:drive to say #Work? If so, how do I do that?

vi) How do I go about deleting say #Work 2 and $ Mums photos from this C drive One Drive folder confidently that I am not deleting them from the Cloud. That is I dont want it think because I have deleted them in the Cdrive One drive that it has to delete them in the Cloud.

vii) If deletes all duplicate material, the next time I want the file I will have to go back to Cloud One drive to get it, does it then build a duplicate of the folder structure that the file is on the C drive again?

I have a separate issue whilst I am here:

a) After MS Technical team did some fixes last year I am not able to see thumb nails of pics/screenshots as shown in the following screenshot. I am sure this is a simple fix but have tried to find answers without success.

9afbbe52-7f7a-4d8a-8290-b76be7961e0f?upload=true.png

Thanks in advance for the help.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom