I cannot upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

C

craterwolf

So, I purchased a Predator laptop for my business and I need the OS to be Windows 10 Pro. Don't ask why, all of the software that I work with just works

better with Pro, I have no idea why. Anyways, the computer came new from the factory with Windows 10 Enterprise. I turned it on and had to go through what seemed like hours of windows updates. I finally finished the updates and everything was perfect, windows worked perfectly. So I then went to upgrade to Pro. I went into the settings and clicked the Activation tab and it said something like upgrade or something and I clicked that and it took me to the Microsoft store where it allowed me to purchase the windows pro upgrade for $99. I got the receipt but no windows activation key or anything, just a receipt saying that I had just payed $99 for the Windows 10 Pro upgrade. Then it said download and install. I downloaded it and went to install and it gave me an error saying:

We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or

product key. If you think you do have a valid license or key, select Troubleshoot below.

Error code: 0xC004C003

So I click Troubleshooting and it says:

Troubleshooting has completed

We can't activate your copy of Windows. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and try

again. If you're connected to the Internet and continue seeing this problem, contact your system administrator for more information.

Contact Support to Get Help

I changed hardware on this device recently

So I AM connected to the internet, I DO have a valid Windows license (I assume so anyways because it is direct from the manufacturer and installed by them) and I HAVE contacted windows support and I can't get through to anybody. I called the manufacturer and they said that they don't keep record of the windows product keys because they are all digital. Then they said that I should contact Microsoft about this issue and Microsoft doesn't have anywhere that I can actually contact a human for support.

Has anybody else had this issue and what can I do to either get a refund (apparently refunds are not available for this product but I haven't even been able to use it) or get it installed (which is what I would greatly prefer.)?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom