Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot

C

chris_scsa

I have a folder on a file server (Windows XP Pro - Logon: USER (no logon password)) which I have shared (share permission (read/write) to ALEX (not administrator) and added ALEX into the security list).

File server IP = 192.168.1.111

I have a desktop (Windows 10 Home (Logon: USER(no logon password)) that I used to access the share folder in the XP file server. I mapped that folder to network drive X:

I have another desktop (Windows 7 Home (Logon: USER(no logon password)) that I also used to access the share folder in the XP file server. I mapped that folder to network drive X:

So i can access that folder fine from both of the desktops, until the next morning when i d/clicked the mapped network drive X:, a message appeared and said "Location is not available. X:\ is not accessible. The user name or password is incorrect."

So I proceeded to Windows+R, and type in the IP address to try to get into the shared folder, but i got this message "X:\ is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find our of you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server of shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

What is causing this and how do I regain access to this folder?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom