Windows 10 takes between 8 and 11 minutes to start

H

Hypercubic

My Toshiba laptop now takes between 8 and 11 minutes to start.

I am on version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.906).

I have enabled boot logging and can see many lines read "BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED" with some text.

Parsing the log file reveals the following with the highest number of entries:

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem9.inf,%usb3hub.drvdesc%;UoIP Hub appeared 131 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem10.inf,%sensorssimulatordriver.devicedesc%;Microsoft Visual Studio Location Simulator Sensor appeared 131 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor appeared 476 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cmbatt.inf,%acpi\acpi0003.devicedesc%;Microsoft AC Adapter appeared 119 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cmbatt.inf,%acpi\pnp0c0a.devicedesc%;Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery appeared 119 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem38.inf,%ibdwultgt2%;Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 appeared 112 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem80.inf,%nvidia_dev.1346.f842.1179%;NVIDIA GeForce 930M appeared 110 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem75.inf,%rts5229cr%;Realtek PCIE CardReader appeared 110 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem19.inf,%usb\vid_8087&pid_07dc_ibt%;Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) appeared 10 times

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @usbvideo.inf,%usbvideo.devicedesc%;USB Video Device appeared 9 times

Lines where the loading seemed successful specify the file name e.g.:
BOOTLOG_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vmci.sys

From the boot log content how can I a) identify what is actually failing to load and b) identify the reasons for it failing to load?

I have run chkdsk and it reports no errors. How do I work out what is going wrong?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom