MS Mail stopped connecting to Yahoo email, error code: 0x8019019a, Fix Account won't work

J

Jy Bravo

Hi all, I am running Win10 Pro, ver 10.0.19042 Build 19042 and had MS Mail app connected to my Outlook, MSN, Hotmail, Gmail, and Yahoo mail successfully for years. The apps are kept up to date via the Microsoft Store app and last week everything worked well. I shutdown the PC over the weekend when I went out of town and starting it up Monday evening I received the "Your Yahoo account settings are out-of-date" message. Over the past 4 years all 5 accounts were working and syncing fine. The only account that didn't work well was iCloud and I just deleted it from MS Mail.

I clicked the Fix Account link, entered my Yahoo email address, got the 6 letter code, entered it and received the Error message box with error code: 0x8019019a.

Looking through the forum posts I found solutions of older Windows versions. I found 1 solution to uninstall the MS Mail and Calendar app and reinstall it. I tried this and got the same results, out of date settings message, enter the code to fix, error code: 0x8019019a. When I opened the MS Mail and Calendar app I was expecting to load everything back into it but the Yahoo mailbox, folders, and account all were still there, still with an out of date error and I could not fix through the Fix Account process.

Looking through the error logs I am seeing some odd codes, mostly the time/date stamps are way off due to the PC being off from Friday afternoon to Monday night yet there are 4 errors listed during that timeline. None of the errors were related to the MS Mail but svchost, CTSyncU connectivity Date and time settings are accurate now, I didn't change anything. I am not sure what could have changed when I last received email on Friday and Monday when I received the out of date error message for the account.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom