ext-ms-win-ntuser-windowstation-l1-1-0 found on a standalone Windows 10 home PC

• Thread starter rodchristoffersen
  • Start date
R

rodchristoffersen

Hello peoples, I was looking through my files when I stumbled upon a file named ext-ms-win-ntuser-windowstation-l1-1-0, I have had trouble with my PC and thought it may be worth googling. From what I have read this is a developer tool. I have not enabled developer mode on my PC so I was wondering if this file should be on my PC, it was in a system 32 folder that I had to unlock from the security page with administrator rights. In a nearby folder I also found a models controller lib file, aecs wov str def TF file, PolicyManagerHsviSettingProvider.xml file. I am a home PC gamer who has one router connected via ethernet cable and do not engage in developer scripts/ or changes to my windows other than the settings in the normal setup. My question is... Should I be concerned about developer applications being installed on my PC without my consent or knowledge? The reason I am asking is that some very strange things have been happening on my PC regarding game play and game setup, One example of this is my steam games often ask for controlled folder access to run scripts, when I check the user certificates they are sometimes out of date so I close the window without approving and the game runs fine. If this is some sort of intrusion into my PC I would need help to restore my PC to windows 10 home version as from what I have read the developer codes etc are incredible complex and fraught with danger. I have noticed when I did a clean reinstall of windows this week that all the drivers (some35 in total) updated when I opened windows this time. I looked at the drivers and a lot of them had hundreds of entries and silent install components to them. I have over the last 3 years been through 3 PC's due to this problem and reset/ restored my current PC over 10 times this year alone due to it crashing randomly. Thank you in advance for any advice information anyone can give me, Rod

Continue reading...