I cannot connect to a wireless monitor from a Windows 10 laptop using MS Wireless Display Adapter

J

Jamila2

I cannot connect to a wireless display from my laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. I am using MS Wireless Display Adapter with an HP monitor https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=9TQ13AA&opt=ABU&sel=MTO . I try to connect with Windows key + K.

It never worked. It's a new setup and it didn't work from the beginning.

The error I get is 'Your PC or mobile device doesn’t support Miracast so it can’t project wirelessly'. Make sure that the device is turned on and is discoverable.

I have used Windows 10 Enterprise, version 20H2 and 1809. I tried with both with the same result.

I have updated the drivers on both laptops, especially the WLan and the Display drivers. Downloaded MS WDA app from the MS store. Disconnected the MS WDA from the monitor and re-attached it. HDMI input selected in the monitor settings. Restart the laptop and the monitor. Tried on 2 laptops but it's the same result. I reinstalled the Wireless network adapter. dxdiag specifications are compliant for Miracast.

Have you had this issue before? How did you go around resolving it?

Thanks

0b4f08e1-7c9a-42cf-87e5-8ad0db6eaa5f?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom