Network problem - Can connect to Internet browsers but not to other Apps/programs

S

SeanMorgan94

Hello,

To briefly summarise, I seem to be able to connect to the internet via browsers (Chrome/firefox), but not on other platforms/apps, for example Outlook app, Spotify, Steam etc...

This seems absolutely bizarre, considering the problem is usually with the browsers! And I cannot find any FAQ on this issue.

I have been having terrible problems with the internet today and it kept going on and off. I've tried resetting the router, resetting the network adapter, troubleshooting more times than I could count and recently did a Network Reset. This caused even more problems, however I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver (and clicked the option to delete software from system) and am back to square one. Interestingly, when I open up my Nord VPN app and connect with that, suddenly everything returns to normal! I have checked the killswitch and have made sure that it doesn't affect the internet when Nord is not running, so it can't be that issue.

I cannot for the life of me figure this out and have gone through all sorts of different instructions from help websites and what not. Usually I would find the answer for technical problems in forums but I cannot find this specific problem anywhere else (unless someone can redirect me). Otherwise, I would be grateful if someone could please help me here.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom