Setting default columns size in File Explorer

I

iamdavinci

Since I have read this forum about so many people asking how to apply settings for a default column size in File Explorer, I thought I would answer it since no one here at Microsoft correctly identified it. Even though they did give you their best answer - it is rather quite simple.

To size all columns to fit by default in windows 10 all you need to do is right click on a column header name and a pop up window will appear. You need to select the “More…” option and then another pop up will appear where you can set the pixel size of the column. The pixel size of the column is at the located at the bottom of the pop up window.

fe93256a-7cc5-4bb1-ab28-ae459f1bb27c?upload=true.png

Now you can you go to the “View” menu option and then click on “Options” and then click on “Change folder and search options”. Which will pop up another window where you can choose “Apply to Folders” under the “View” menu option. And when you click “Apply to Folders” another pop up will appear asking “Do you want all folders of this type to match this folder’s view settings?”, which of course you do, so you will click “Yes” and then click “OK” on the Folder Options window and you will finally be good to go.

A very well written article is located here (which I wrote):

Size All Columns To Fit By Default In Windows 10

I hope this helps everyone who reads this message.

Kind Regards.

MCP

Microsoft Certified Professional

Continue reading...

Top Bottom