High DPI Scaling Issue with Power BI Desktop

T

Teo Lachev

I've started experiencing a high DPI scaling issue for the past two months with just one app on Windows 10 (20H2), which ironically is developed by Microsoft: Power BI Desktop. I have HP Elitebook 840 G3 laptop connected to Eizo monitor with 2560x1440 resolution and 150% scaling. Power BI Desktop updates every month but since the February 2021 build, some windows don't resize properly (see an example below where the window is not resized properly, buttons are missing, etc). Prior to the Feb build, the apps was working fine.

I've tried many things to no avail, including:

1. Creating a new Windows profile. Interestingly, the problem went a way for a week and they came back after I installed the March release of Power BI Desktop.

2. Changing the High DPI compatibility setting to System (Enhanced). This fixes some windows but text in others appear much enlarged. In addition, the ribbon fonts appear blurry.

3. Upgrading to the latest video card drivers. I have Intel HD Graphics 520. If I go back to 100% scaling, the issues goes away but the text get very small.

I haven't noticed this issue with any other app. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

ribbon font is blurry.501ff821-78f7-4f3e-9df8-73c6d0dcdbff?upload=true.png

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom