Windows not fully updating after factory reset

C

charlotte139

Hi last night i did a reset to factory settings on windows 10 (64 bit). I had to do it twice because after the first time Lenovo vantage said it needed a Bios update (it's been bugging me about installing it since i got it so I figured i'd do that while i was at it.) but after the post install restart it wouldnt load windows at all - just the back light came on but nothing happened. So i did another factory reset - this time i did it by holding downF11 & the power button, & it loaded fine, i'll be steering clear of that bios update in future.

All appears to be fine, except that the laptop (lenovo ideapad) is 2yrs old & when i went to settings to update windows & 'checked for updates' it only found the 4 most recent updates (detailed below - all dated feb/march 2021). It installed them - which did require a restart but was very quick - there was no blue screen/ circle going round with "pls wait we are configuring your comupter" for 10mins while it updates like there often is, it just restarted & loaded immediately & that was that. Which seems a bit too good to be true!

Update for Windows10 20H2 (KB4023057)

Lenovo firmware update 2.3.3.0.0

Cumulate update preview .NET framework & Windows (KB4601554)

Cumulative update preview for windows 10 20H2 (KB5000842)

Windows malicious software removal tool (KB890830)

And now when i check for updates it says i am fully updated... but how can it be? What about all the reams of updates between when it was purchased & these very recent ones?

When i've done factory resets before there has always been LOADs of updates to install taking a really long time to download & install. Am wondering whats going on, i dont want to be missing critical updates because something is stopping it checking properly?

Continue reading...