How to stop account migration

R

ReetF

Good Afternoon,
While trying to help my mother run some updates on her computer, the process reset her PIN.
We were unable to update the pin as the only option to verify the account was to send a text message to the phone number associated to her account, which is a LAND LINE and cannot receive texts.

While trying to help her resolve this I tried setting up my email account as a secondary account in hopes that I could then get an email with the code to be able to verify my ID and update the PIN... but this is not what happened, somehow this started the process where her user account is being transferred to mine.

Now when we log onto the computer we get the message
Your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device.

Click to set up your PIN again.

When you click it, it prompts for password, and after entering we are given the message

Your security info change is still pending.
[COLOR=rgba(27, 27, 27, 1)]On 4/4/2021 you requested that your security info be replaced.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(27, 27, 27, 1)]Current security info
Phone number ending in xx
New security info
Alternate email: <my email address>If you didn't request this, let us know.
If you'd like to keep your current security info, you can cancel this request.
[/COLOR]

Clicking on either the "Let us know" or "cancel this request" opens up a window with a prompt for sending a text message to her Land Line, with no option for sending an email with the code.

Having no success here I tried updating the phone number on her profile to my brother's cell phone so he could receive the text on her behalf, however when we try updating her user info we are given the message:

[COLOR=rgba(27, 27, 27, 1)]You can't access this site right now[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba(27, 27, 27, 1)]This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 5/4/2021 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code.
On 4/4/2021 you requested that your security info be replaced.
Current security info
Phone number ending in xx
New security info
Alternate email: <my email address>If you didn't request this, let us know.
If you'd like to keep your current security info, you can cancel this request.
[/COLOR]

- = - = - = -

Clicking on either the "Let us know" or "cancel this request" opens up a window with a prompt for sending a text message to her Land Line, with no option for sending an email with the code.

Any assistance from the community would be greatly appreciated, as that computer is nothing more than a paperweight until we're able to resolve this account migration and PIN Problem.

Thanks in advance!

BoB

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom