Windows stuck on loading after login, then freezes once in

S

skdew

I have 2 issues that do not happen all the time and may or may not be related.

- First issue is when I turn on my PC and type in my password and press enter to log in, the screen will begin flickering/flashing/stuttering as it tries to load into windows but can't and keeps trying again and again. All I can see is the outline of the windows taskbar appearing then disappearing over and over every second. During this time I can move my mouse and use the keyboard. I can bring up the task manager but nothing in there has ever solved the issue. After 5-10 minutes Windows gets over this stutter and loads me to the desktop.

- Second issue - once in my PC I frequently load up Chrome. After about 10 seconds Chrome seems to stop responding (can't click on buttons or scroll webpages), then another 5 seconds later my mouse will stop moving, then another 30 seconds later the screen goes black and keyboard stops working. I have to power off the PC and restart.

Sometimes, it does come back to life before the screen going black. It seems to occur most of the time when using the browser but I have also had it happen just using windows explorer.

What have I tried... I've tried many many things including

- virus check, malware check, uninstalling my Kaspersky anti virus

- disabling different services and startup items

- using another browser (edge, firefox, opera)

- following many Microsoft guides on repairing important files using CMD etc...

- update gfx drivers

- updating bios and other updates managed by the Dell updater

- rolled back to a previous restore point but I don't think it was far enough back

When looking in the event viewer the only thing that looks related is this but not sure what to do with it:

"The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted." Event ID 1002 - Wlclntfy

Has anyone else experienced either of my issues and solved them?

Thanks

Si

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom