Help needed with BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

C

CamillaLøgstrup

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]Hi!
I have a PC that I have built over the past couple of years. Most of the components are new because I hoped they would solve my issues, but the issues still persist and it’s getting to a point where both I and my tech-savvy partner are at a loss for ideas.

I have had my PC for about five years, but I’ve changed quite a few components in the past year. My current components are:
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K
- RAM: 16 GB Dual-Channel
- Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
- PSU: Corsair RM850x V2 850W

- Storage: Seagate HDD 2TB
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Backstory:
The issues started about a year ago, and they mostly consist of a few smaller but annoying issues (probably unrelated issues but I'm not sure - it's related to certain internet browsers, the windows audio overlay and a certain program that restarts for no apparent reason) and one major one. The major one is a[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]BSOD issue I have had for about a year. My PC used to run smoothly and without any issues no matter which games I played, but after a Windows Update I started getting blue screens of death once in a while - especially while I was playing games. I experienced a handful of different stop codes multiple times, and they changed all the time. I have among others experienced SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT. I wasn’t able to find a pattern. Back then my PC was built using my partner's old components, so I thought the issue could be two 12-year-old hard drives, so I decided to buy a new SSD and a new HDD and get rid of the old ones. The issue stopped happening as often but I still got the occasional BSOD. I then bought a new motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler and RAM. This didn’t change anything. I then bought some more fans for my PC, but that did nothing. I then bought a new PSU last month but the issue still persists. The only component I haven’t changed yet is my GPU.

Current issue:
For the past couple of days, I’ve been playing It Takes Two. After I have the game running for about 3 hours I get a BDOS with the code “Clock_Watchdog_Timeout”. I then restart my PC, try playing again and after about an hour I get another BDOS with the exact same code. This has happened two days in a row. The same pattern both days. Today I tried running Speccy and task manager while playing to keep an eye on my PC’s stats. On the first BSOD, nothing was out of the ordinary. My CPU was at 60% and about 50 degrees Celcius. My GPU was running at around 95% at a temperature of 60 degrees Celcius. On the second BSoD an hour later my CPU was at about 90% and at a temperature of 50.

I have tried:
- Clean Windows install (about 3 times, does nothing)
- Updating drivers and keeping all drivers updated (does nothing)
- Changing all components apart from my GPU (helped a little but I still have issues)
- Keeping Windows up to date and installing all updates (does nothing)
- Running a memory test (nothing comes up)

Dump files:
I have no idea what to do or how to solve the issues. I have 3 files from my minidump folder here. They are all from yesterday where the BSOD happened twice: [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(17, 85, 204, 1)]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiirjBv4XT5GbClewB_bUBDOe18?e=7TaTzH[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 1)]. My knowledge of computers and is minimal and I can't seem to fix the issue without help, so I will appreciate any and all advice. If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance![/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Continue reading...