I found a different solution that may help other Windows 10 users who have a problem with sound distortion after a Windows update.

D

DorisPenza

A few days ago I noticed the Sound on my Windows 10 hp laptop was very distorted, so I tried every Instruction I could find, numerous times, to remedy the problem, including uninstalling the Realtek HD Audio Driver, and doing a Restart to reinstall the Realtek driver again, to no avail. Today I found the only thing that worked was when I entered the Settings function for Sounds, to test the Left and Right speaker sounds individually, and found that only the Left speaker had the distortion problem. So then I entered the function where I could adjust the speaker sounds Balance, and I lowered the faulty Left speaker to the lowest setting, which was 7%, and I adjusted the Right speaker to 100% and tested the sounds, and clicked OK. This processes had an excellent result, and I then did a Restart on my computer, and then checked the sounds again with great success. I hope this may help others with their audio problems.

Continue reading...