Windows 10 machine will not restart or power up until power supply has been cycled since last shutdown

G

GrantBrennan

Hi all,

I built a machine about 18 months ago running windows 10 and for some reason anytime I try to restart or wake from sleep/hibernate the machine just sits there with all the lights on but doesnt seem to post.

The machine works just fine providing that you switch the power supply on/off in between shutdowns.

Upon restarting:

Machine fans dont stop/slow

output stops on screens as if its restarting

Power lights on mouse & keyboard go off

Then nothing... its as though it gets half way through the cycle then just halts.

Nothing comes back on, only the fans and lights on the machine itself remain. No activity from the hard disk light that would usually blink on startup.

you can hit the power button to shut it down. When you push the power button to turn it back on the lights briefly blink (less than half a second) and fans go to start but it then goes back to shutdown state.

Upon shutting down:
The machine powers down fine.

all lights go off

When you push the power button to turn it back on the lights briefly blink (less than half a second) and fans go to start but it then goes back to shutdown state.

I have flashed my bios to the latest version fomr my b450m gaming x motherboard.

I have inserted a windows 10 boot usb and reinstalled windows from there. making sure to not keep apps/data and settings.

I have adjusted all power settings in windows and bios but no change :(

Do we think this is something windows 10 related or do you think it could be a hardware problem? potentially PSU or motherboard.

any help/advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom