Laptop won't boot after receiving DPC Watchdog Violation

K

KuroiGor.

Last Saturday, I decided to update my Windows 10 laptop, in an attempt to help fix my [COLOR=rgba(77, 81, 86, 1)]Qualcomm Wifi Driver. But unfortunately, my laptop crashed during the process of updating, displaying a DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by Qcamain10x64.sys (my wifi driver). This was the last error I received before my Windows 10 refuses to boot Once my laptop has restarted, I received different stop code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. The stop code eventually changed after the following restart into CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, and it would not allow my Windows to boot as my laptop is stuck in a loop boot.

I've tried booting my PC into Safe Mode in an attempt to uninstall the offending driver, but it would also crash and give me the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED code. I've also tried reseting my PC twice while keeping my personal files, first via Cloud Download, then Local Reinstall, but both of them wouldn't work. I've tried going into the Command Prompt and check my disk for errors, as well as use the System File Checker and [/COLOR]Deployment Image Servicing and Management services, also to no avail. I also tried doing a System Restore, but the status of my only restore point is "You must enable system protection on this drive", thus unabling me to restore my laptop.

I've already run out of options, but I do not want to reset my PC entirely and lose all of my personal files. Is there anything I can do to boot Windows 10 on my laptop, even just to backup my files? The timing of the crash was set horribly as this is my last week of online classes. To those who can offer help, thanks in advance

Continue reading...