[HELP] I need permission from myself to delete Windows Apps.

V

Vatofslavania

I had bought Forza horizon 4 on the Microsoft store app and had installed it under my E: drive. Every couple of months I wipe my computer partially, removing applications that did not come with Windows 10. This happens to include games, like Forza. Trying to reinstall Forza, I was not allowed to install the game in my E: drive. Pressing the install button does literally nothing. No sounds, no pop-ups, nothing. Despite having ~400GB available (the game is roughly 90GB big) I am simply not able to install it.

Going on the forums, it was pointed out that the installation process was blocked because there is already a copy of Windows Apps was already on the disk. I tried to delete it but it said I needed permission from myself. After giving myself permission for the files within Windows app, it still throws up the same message:

82d0451e-b0bd-4175-ba7a-1e1a3c6f4505?upload=true.png

I then decided to give myself Full Control over the Windows App folder itself, but it displays this:

3247a075-9fc6-40d6-a79c-1720054bda39?upload=true.png Note: this is one example. The text changes when I press continue, saying an error occured for like 20 other files.

Going into the files, there is a small lock icon next to every item. Furthermore, it turns out that Forza is still technically on my computer, I just can't open it because access is denied.

b5ac71df-543b-4993-811c-bca6585732a6?upload=true.png

I am really lost.

TLDR: I can't give myself permission to delete a file because "an error has occured". I can't re-install Forza because it is already technically installed, but I can't uninstall it because I don't have permission.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom