Windows 10 installation stuck in loop

A

AhmedYaseen

Hi. My Dell inspiron laptop is stuck in a weird installation loop. I tried to reinstall windows 10 locally using the “keep my files” option and now the blue “Installing windows” screen goes up to 78% (or sometimes even before that) and then my device restarts and I end up in the menu (A) with “Windows recovery environment” and instances of windows 10.

If i select any instance of windows it resumes installation from 64% everytime and restarts sometime afterwards.

If i select “Windows recovery environment” I get a menu (B) of
1. “Continue” - which restarts and leads to the first menu (A)

2. “Use another operating system” - i dont have any, so ends up in menu (A)

3. “Troubleshoot” - which gives

• Reset your PC - I’ve tried this twice (aster the first reset) and now i have a total 4 instances of Windows 10 in the first menu (A)
  • Advanced options - I’ve tried “automatic repair” from these already and it “could not repair my PC”

4. “Turn if your PC” - tried this as well, end up in same loop after i start

There was another option in this second menu (B), something on the lines of

using a usb device or an internet device or dvd to install. I tried selecting internet device but it restarted and ended up in the same loop. This option disappears in the following loops after i select it for a particular windows instance.

A little bakground:

My device had been exhibiting a no boot error for a few months. It started at the start of January 2021 and i tried restarting multiple times but windows would just not boot up. Not even the lock screen. The only two things that i could see were the cursor and the screen projection panel when i hit the “Project” function key.
I gave up initially and just got back to trying to fix it after 3 months.

Continue reading...