Windows 10 Blue Yeti Device Manager no driver, port reset failed

H

hamteknight

I attempted to update my Blue Yeti Blackout mic using Blue's program Blue Sherpa. After doing so, I unplugged the mic and plugged it back in. However, when I check Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus controllers, the Blue Yeti is now listed as Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed). I also cannot find the Blue Yeti under sound settings.

Apparently, the driver for the Blue Yeti is provided by Windows but when under Driver Details, it says that No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device. The red led light for the Blue Yeti is still on and I can still mute the mic as needed using the button.

Some things I have attempted:

• Disable then reenable the device
  • Uninstalled the device, unplugged then reconnect Blue Yeti USB mic
  • Swapped the USB ports connections used with ports I have confirmed to work with other devices
  • Tested the connection with other Windows 10 PCs

I am currently trying to use the Update Driver feature "Browse my computer for driver software -> let me pick from a list on my computer" as suggested here on Blue's website. However, I cannot find the 'USB Audio Device' mentioned. Would appreciate any help as I need to use this mic, thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom