storage pool has an error. 1 of 2 drives mirror drive failed can't copy data off of the "ok" drive

S

SeanRuddy

I have a mirrored storage space. storage pool has an error
Storage space (F:) Two-way mirror. Pool capacity is 7.27 using 5.87

one drive has warning. both say 80% used. I have a new external raid with 2 @ 8TB that I ordered before this happened as I was planning on upgrading since I'm at 80%.

Error reduced resiliency check physical drive section.
first 4tb (3,62) is ok second has warnings consider replacing... that sounds scary.

pool consists of these two drives each is 3.63 tb in the storage spaces control panel. In explorer it says the drive (f) is 3.62tb with 721 GB free.

I can copy some files but many are not accessible. I tried copying a folder with 2500 files and had 100's of failed to access errors. A different folder with 6 files 2 could not copy. So that is not an effective way to pull files out. Backup is a few weeks old. I have ordered a drive with everything from backblaze but that is going to take a while. So I am not in total despair but a little freaked out that the MS raid isn't letting me pull the date of the good side of the mirror.

Not sure what to do to try and fix it. It would be very nice to recover the data off of the F drive and get back to work.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom