windows 10 home on this new hard drive seems like a broken shell for some reason

J

JoeWellman1

Hi, I'm Joe and I can't figure out this computer problem.

History:

I put together a computer for a friend myself.

Hardware is Ryzen 3400g, MSI X 570 Gaming Edge wifi, new HDD, no graphics card. I did not have a license for windows and was expecting the watermark or something.

During the install process I did not create a partition and let windows do whatever it wanted with that. The version I chose was Windows Home. I did this yesterday.

Problems:

1. Wifi adaptor on mobo doesn't show. I've tried various repairs and I can get it to show up temporarily but as if on a random timer, it dissapears again, like mid browsing.

2. Went to cat5 cable which reads there's an internet connection if cat5 is there when the computer boots up. if i plug it in, nothing is read. Regardless, I get no internet despite the internet working on other devices.

3. Attempts to install device driver fail. Attempts to diagnose problems via various means fail. If there's a status bar, its 50/50 the status will not move forward... forever.

4. Attempts to shut down these programs fail until task manager.

5. Task manager never closes. I can't X out of it.

6. When I then go to reset the PC, via windows menu, it waits to reset forever. I can only hard reset it.

7. in device manager, under "other devices", "sm bus manager" and "unknown device" have code 28.

Attempted fix/diagnosis:

fresh install of windows twice from different created thumb boot drives

chkdsk shows no problems

updated bios on motherboard

device manager says everythings working correctly besides problem 7.

Plea:

Please help!

Thank you.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom