Asus One 10, after showing logo, boots into a black screen with only a cursor. I can only access BIOS and Advanced Troubleshooting.

J

John______Smith

As per the title, my computer has the main issue that I can't get past right now. I fixed the first issue, a restart loop, via commands. I also tried to boot with USB stick (I also reordered the priority in BIOS) yet it still didn't work.

The black screen obviously isn't a connection or driver issue since it can show the main logo and troubleshooting panel. It worked before, too.

I think the issue began a few years back when I attempted to erase the computer to factory settings to give to a relative of mine, but for some reason the erase failed and that is how the first issue, the restart loop, occurred. I gave up for a few years as I had a new computer, but I'd like to figure out how to get this one working again as it would be quite handy.

Also, I don't need to back up data or anything because it's all gone, all I'd like is to be able to get the computer to not have the black screen. If that happened, I think I'll be able to boot from the USB stick. (Though, what exactly does this mean? I don't want to have the USB stick as the drive, I want Windows to be reinstalled to the computer hard drive. I think that's the issue - that Windows is gone.)

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom