BSOD Boot Loop IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

W

Wilk747

This was a new build I did at the start of last month and worked perfectly for almost 2 weeks. I have been troubleshooting this problem for weeks at this point and it seems no one can find a solution, hoping I may have better luck asking here.

I am experiencing consistent blue screen crashing with the stop code IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when booting up my PC. The PC posts and briefly shows "preparing automatic recovery" before then showing the BSOD. This started a couple weeks ago when my computer crashed to the same BSOD while I was using it and I have been unable to recover since. I am able to get into BIOS but cannot get any further.

Below is a link to my build list and a brief list of the trouble shooting I have done.

Build List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/stHhwz

Hear are the steps I have tried, these were all done with a clean CMOS so not overclocks or corrections and the motherboard BIOS is up to date.

- Booting to windows 10 from a USB drive. This results in the exact same BSOD crash as a normal boot, ruling out any driver related issues I would think?

-Tested another gpu in the system and verified my gpu was working, same issue so not a gpu hardware error.

- Ran Memtest86 overnight, 10 passes zero errors.

- Replaced motherboard, went from a MSI B550 board to the Asus one listed, this now gives me a q-code readout, bust still the same BSOD on boot. Asus Q-code is B1.

- Tried removing my ssd entirely and booting to USB as well as booting to USB with a HDD installed instead. Same BSOD issue.

Does anyone have any ideas? At this point I have verified all hardware components other than my CPU, but nothing about the IRQL BSOD I read is linked to CPU.

Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom