I can't log into my Microsoft account from Windows 10. I keep getting "oops...we're sorry blah blah blah"

Z

zosxavius

Originally I didn't have a working windows update so after 2 days of trying to fix it, I reinstalled with the media tool and kept my apps. That made update work again, but now I can't log into my windows account after signing out of it from my profile.

When I run the internet troubleshooter while tethered to my phone its telling me "The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)"." When I try on the local WIFI, it says that the device is configured properly but it can't connect for some reason.

All of my internet applications work. Chrome works, Mail works (at least with gmail), the Windows Store is showing internet content, etc. I can ping google.com just fine. Windows update works but throws intermittent errors.

I've done EVERY stupid guide I can find on the internet, so before you suggest something read through the list:

1. Did a full system reset and kept my apps from the media creation tool.

1. Created a new profile and tried to sign in. OOOOOPs.

2. Made sure all of my internet settings were default. No Proxy. Security zones and internet options are reset from the control panel.
3. Deleted the network adapter off the device manager. Reinstalled it.

4. Tried safe mode.

5. Turned off my firewall.

6. Did a full network reset.

7. Tried another wifi network. Tried tethering from my phone. Tried bluetooth tethering.

8. Made sure my TCP/IP settings are all set for DHCP

9. Did all the CMD commands to reset the network stack.
10. Rebooted several times.
11. Tried SFC and DISM and turned up nothing.

My last resort is to just format the drive and reinstall windows, but then I would be spending likely a few weeks just reinstalling and reconfiguring everything!

I've already wasted a day getting nowhere here. I cannot think of any other solutions that might work or would help isolate the problem.

Anything using my account is broken. Mail, the Store, etc.

When I log into the store it tells me it will use windows hello to confirm my account and that its already present in the profile. Which made me think my profile was corrupt, but creating a new user and trying to log in fails all the same.

Anyone else have any bright ideas?

Continue reading...