Windows crashes during installation

R

RE-lAR-kVOTHE

I am loading Windows on a new build. I used the MCT to make a 64 bit installation stick. Unless I disconnect from the internet I cannot get the installation to go beyond the security questions. As soon as I get that done I hit continue and after a few seconds the installation dies and I must reboot. When it comes back up an error code appears, inaccessible boot device. This has happened on 3 different motherboards with 3 different CPUs. All are AMD chipset boards (x370, x570, B550) with 3900x, 5800x, and 5950x CPUs respectively. I tried 2 different PSUs (HX1200 and RM750 Corsairs) and two types of memory modules known to work well with Ryzen CPUs. The only common component between the three rigs is a RX580 AMD GPU. I tried M.2 and 2.5" SSDs, I have built a few dozen systems in the last 4-5 years. Never have I run into a situation like this.

I know the flash drive with the OS works because I installed a formatted Samsung SSD on my main work rig and used the flash drive to install the OS, worked fine. That is an older Intel rig with an Asus P8P67 Deluxe and a 2600K CPU. Is there something I am missing on the newer bios' for the Ryzen CPUs and relative motherboards?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom