Automatic Repair Loop after System Restore attempt

D

dlsmith1

My laptop is a Lenovo 20NF0012US ThinkPad E595

AMD Ryzen 5 3500U w/ Radeon Nega Mobile GfxProcessor

Bios Lenovo R11et40W (1.20)

Windows 20H2 with all updates installed through April 8.

After running updates last week my Logitech headset microphone stopped working. I use this for work. The microphone did not work well with my previous Lenovo, but I've ad no problems for a year until these latest updates. From Event Viewer, I can match the first instance of trouble to a Lenovo system update and a Windows cumulative update installed on the same day, April 8.

Uninstalling, or rolling back, the Lenovo update is nearly impossible. And not knowing for sure which update is the culprit the likely solution seemed to be a system restore. I chose the most recent restore point prior to the update, and my system went into a loop for nearly 24 hours. At that time, I had no choice to but to shut it down. I left it off for several hours. When I powered on, it went into this loop:

"System did not shut down properly." Options: Restart or Advanced Options.

Restart sends it into the loop. It restarts with the same message.

Attempting to choose any of the Advanced Options, e.g., troubleshooting recovery options, such as safe mode, start up options, etc., all require a user sign in.

I know my password very well and my sign in pin. The system, however, does not recognize either. The sign in pages suggest trying a different keyboard layout. I have tried choosing alternate keyboard layouts, although I know mine was set to U.S., but to no avail. I have also checked to make sure that CAPS LOCK is not on when the system starts up, so I'm certain that I am typing my password in correctly.

I am in desperate need of help to fix this problem, as I cannot even reset the system until/unless the system will recognize my password. My daata is backed up, but I have work related programs on my system and really don't know what to do. Can anyone please offer advice? Please.

Continue reading...