Windows 10 20H2 Update Frozen at 48%

F

FamilyGuy0395

I keep getting notice from Microsoft that "my version of Windows" support will end very soon and I need to update to 20H2 to continue regular updates (kind of weird this is coming on all of a sudden as I don't put off updates ever yet this update message is talking to me as if I was that kind of person). Any way, I've tried installing this update 4-5+ times now. Every SINGLE time - the Windows update screen starts on my main display, moves to my second display somewhere in the process (not sure why) and freezes at 48%, leaving me with no option other than to force shutdown my computer, which has Windows revert back to the previous update. (For reference, I've left this update going for 22 hours and it still gets stuck at 48%, whereas my dad's old laptop had no problem updating to this new version).

Like, I can't imagine I'm doing anything wrong, as I'm just trying to update my OS, but am I? There's gotta be others who experience issues trying to update, and at the end of the day, I just want my computer to continue to receive regular updates and I don't know how to get past the 48% freeze of death.

Any advice/suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom