I like to uninstall and role back windows updates as they have broken my PC

B

Bjtaudio

I need help, there are many new crippling bugs that have been introduced over the last 6 to 12 months from various windows updates. Its now so bad that I cannot use my windows 10 PC properly.

my question is how can i uninstall all the windows 10 updates in the last 12 months, to get my pc working again, so far it just reinstall them on reboot, like a revolving door and auto update cannot be disabled.

here are some main bugs:-

bug1

Windows will not connect to some smb1 windows file shares when you try to map a drive using an ip address on local network. If a mapped drive that has failed to reconnect and if it is removed form explore it just crashes file explorer. This seems to have has been fixed in the latest update thou but it still a bit buggy. it some times will connect using the netbios name of a file server but not the ip address.

bug2

Microsoft have caused a strange bug with express VPN app lately, where when this app is enabled it cripples speeds to locally connected web servers on the local network the pc is connected too. If you disconnect VPN all works fine again, this bug came with a march recent update.

Bug 3

A audio compression limiting is being automatically applied to all audio outputs on the computer, it effectively reduces the dynamic range and stops clipping, but it also spoils the sound, by constantly changing the volume hence lows level sound get louder while loud sounds are reduced. This is a crippling bug as it like some it constantly changing the volume to keep levels constant. This is unacceptable, there is no way of disabling this feature, as its a bug. I spent over an hour with tech support on this issue with case number 1020984466 Jayvee and had no idea how to fix it.

the bug was introduced last last year and still is current.

bug 4

when running another operating system in a virtual machine under Virtual box, it can no longer connect to or map network drives on local network, but it can map and can connect to folders shared on the local host that Virtual box is running on. this is yet another bug that came with a update early this year.

bug5

when sharing a folder on the PC there is no visual indication like a hand at bottom of folder to show it is being shared. This is either a bug or poor visual design by Microsoft.

finally serious bug 6 or bad design..

when attempting to remove or uninstall updates that caused ALL these bugs, windows simply just re-installs them again on reboot, there is no option to switch auto update off completely. This is bad as if an update breaks a customers machine there is no way of uninstalling the update to get the computer working again. This can and has impacted on a business by crippling the computers and can cause loss of productivity, it is a legal requirement that when writing software that it is fit for the purpose and has been tested properly, the fact the updates cannot be uninstalled anymore raises some legal questions and can a business sue for loss and damage, considering the update cannot be uninstalled.

suggestion:

Either another update is release to fix these issues or re-enable the ability to remove these broken and crippling updates.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom