Experiencing Frequent BSOD for No Apparent Reason

B

BrieBeeHoney

Hello,

I've been experiencing random BSOD errors for about four months now, on two separate computers. Originally, I thought since my last computer was old that there was a hardware failure, and upgraded my computer. Unfortunately, I'm now experience BSOD errors with different error codes frequently (about twice a week or so.) It happens during games, using Google Chrome, or simply opening my computer. Turning off "Immediately Shut Down After Failure" helped initially, but now it's back to doing things the same again, and it seems to happen after every Windows Update, which is beyond frustrating. I've tried a clean boot of Windows, defrag (even though its a new computer), using only Windows Defender and not Malwarebytes like I was before, and only having regular Windows programs start at start-up.

Specs are below:

SKU:
ST-CHRONOS-W-0116

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Turbo)

CPU Cooler:
Stock Air Cooler

Fans:
4x Skytech ARGB, Dual Ring Fans

Motherboard:
B550

RAM:
16GB DDR4 Gaming Memory 3200 MHz

Graphics:
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 8GB

Primary Hard Drive:
1TB NVMe SSD

Power Supply:
650 Watt 80 Plus Gold Certified

Networking:
802.11 ac

Operating System:
Windows 10 Home, 64-bit

Monitor: LG - UltraGear 27" IPS LED QHD FreeSync and G-SYNC Compatible Monitor with HDR

I will gladly add event logs if you'd like, just please tell me how to do so and which ones you need, and I will! (I can enter the Event Viewer app easily; it's finding how to download event logs that's more challenging for me. I'm computer savvy but not super computer literate!)

The only things that are the same from my last computer to this one are: I'm using the same speakers (old Logitech ones from 2013) and I have used the Xbox Wireless adapter for Windows, which seems to crash any computer I use (and I will be switching to a wired 360 controller to do a comparison test if need be.) I've found that having the RGB attached to this computer causes problems, as well as having keyboards with RGB backlights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Continue reading...