high memory usage windows 10

O

Ognjen Milojevic

Hello there, recently i've "upgraded" to windows 10 from windows 7, sadly i only have 4 gb of ram, but that wasn't the problem on windows 7, i would have google, discord and a game open and it would take only about 20-30% of memory, but after i upgraded to windows 10 my memory would constantly be super high, at the beggining i let the pc download all the updates and it helped, the memory usage fell from 80% to 44-50% which is still a big amount, currently when im not running google and no other apps i have around 44% of memory usage, this made me a really big problem, on windows 7 i would have around 120 fps in a game, but on windows 10 i would hardly get more than 40-50 fps. One thing i noticed is that when i check the task manager, the memory comes up to like 800mb, i don't understand where the rest goes? Also i don't think i got any viruses, because i completely wiped my pc and the only programs i've ever downloaded were discord and league of legends, so i don't believe i've caught any virus.

Continue reading...