Laptop and/or Windows freezing

E

EttaKT

I’m using Windows 10 on an approx 4 years old HP Notebook 15-ba102na Recently (over the last couple of months) I’ve had issues with it completely freezing up - I’ve been able to move my mouse but nothing else and it usually stays frozen for about 10 minutes although it does vary. Applications such as Google Chrome display ‘Not Responding’ messages. I’m not very techy so haven’t really tried to do anything and when reading other answers to questions haven’t understood half of the things being suggested! In the past few days I have now been getting a message saying that Microsoft Windows is not responding when it freezes.

I have had a couple of other previous problems with the laptop - it used to just suddenly shut down and restart when I was in the middle of doing something. This has now been fixed. Also when I open Task Manager very often the CPU is indicating it is running at 100%. Are all these things likely to be connected?

I would just really appreciate any help/advice of things I could do or any possible solutions to make it work a bit better and not freeze! Most of the time it works once it gets going but the freezing is getting more frequent and really annoying especially when I’m trying to work. If you need any more information please ask. I’m just using it for work and streaming and there are no really big apps.

Thank you!

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom