My computer shuts down unexpectedly and I get a Kernal-Power error Event Id: 41 Task Category (63) and no minidump folder.

N

NeilKapur

For many months now my pc has been restarting unexpectedly and I have been getting Kernal-Power Critical Errors (Event Id: 41 Task Category (63)). I have tried following other forums related to this but so far nothing has worked. I have also tried getting the dmp files but in my Windows folder, there is no folder called minidump. I have my Startup and Recovery settings set to: Write an event to the system log - Checked, Automatically Restart - Unchecked, Small memory dump (256 KB), and the directory to %SystemRoot%\Minidump, but still no minidump file exists. I built this pc in December last year and started having the problem pretty soon after. I have tried swapping out the power supply, and that seemed to work for a bit but eventually, the random restarts came back. I eventually resorted to fully resetting my pc thinking it may be some corrupted driver issue and the error again stopped for a while and then came back. I am out of options and severely need help, I cannot get anything done without my pc restarting randomly, I will be surprised if I can even write this all without it restarting (It has happened three times today).

Information:

Pc Specs:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Version 20H2

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.49 GHz
Ram: 64.0 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (please don't let this be the problem)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX x570-E Gaming

Storage: 2 x SanDisk 2Tb Internal SSD

Event Viewer Details:

BugcheckCode0
BugcheckParameter10x0
BugcheckParameter20x0
BugcheckParameter30x0
BugcheckParameter40x0
SleepInProgress0
PowerButtonTimestamp0
BootAppStatus0
Checkpoint0
ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0
BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse
CheckpointStatus0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20

LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

Please let me know your thoughts, thank you ver much.

Continue reading...