Google Chrome needs parental control but I am an adult

S

Slashscreen

I'm trying to use google chrome and firefox on my computer, but when I try to open them, it tells me to ask my parent for permission (just these browsers). I have already:

-Uninstalled and reinstalled both, even going so far as to wipe away the files they left behind for reinstallation

-Checked if the same issue happens on a different local account (it doesn't)

-Verified that my age is correct and 18+ in the account settings (It was, but for good measure, I changed my birth year to 1991. It did not help.)

-Made sure my dad removed me from his Microsoft family (He did, I saw it with my own eyes)

When I hit ask by email in the vain hope that perhaps this time it will actually send an email to my address so I can give myself permission like a child signing up for his 5th club penguin account, I got this error:

Something went wrong

We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.

Trace ID: 4UH+qjuOckag3re3.3.1

Microsoft support told me to just use the local account. This is a workstation and I do several things that cannot easily just be uprooted and moved to a local account, not to mention that I need my Microsoft account integration.

What can I do from here? Is there some file somewhere I can delete to give me free reign? Can someone manually update some database somewhere to say that I can use chrome? I need chrome to run some chrome-specific speech recognition software. And yes, I tried installing Chromium, but the same thing happens.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom