Kernel Processor Power Event 37 Followed by Crash

M

Matthew Wysong

I have some experience with fixing my own stuff Windows wise, but as I'm unfamiliar with some of the shenanigans that happen when messing with the kernel, I'd rather ask around first.

I've been having some infrequent crashing issues, which have often been messing with my audio drivers (causing me no end to grief), but I've recently replaced that audio driver with what seems to be a more resilient (if slightly lower sound quality) version that's compatible with the sound card on my laptop. That seems to have fixed the sound driver issue, but the cause of the crashes was clearly not related.

This time, as I was less busy dealing with sounding like a demon robot and getting random bass drops at max volume, I took the time to sort through Event Viewer and noticed that some variation of this warning has been thrown before 3 of the past 5 crashes I've had:

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 23 seconds since the last report.

-System
-Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
[ Guid] {0f67e49f-fe51-4e9f-b490-6f2948cc6027}
EventID37
Version0
Level3
Task7
Opcode0
Keywords0x8000000000000000
-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2021-04-21T21:54:11.805036100Z
EventRecordID46513
Correlation
-Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 244
ChannelSystem
Computer[redacted]
-Security
[ UserID] [redacted]
-EventData

Group0
Number3
CapDurationInSeconds23
PpcChanges0
TpcChanges0
PccChanges2

Do we have any idea what settings I could afford to change- be it in Windows or on the BIOS of the laptop itself- that would fix this issue?

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom