100 reasons - Why to use Windows Vista

Y

Yogesh A

I m not sure they are 100% true for example 61th reason

Its not more safe against hackers

100 Reasons You'll Be Speechless

Seeing Windows Vista for the first time may leave you searching for
words. Many people just say “Wow.” Here are 100 reasons why.

1. IT MAKES USING YOUR PC A BREEZE
Windows Vista features a breakthrough design and easy-to-use
organizational tools that make it simpler to get things done and get on
with life! Find what you need instantly, on your PC or on the web, with
Instant Search. Bring more clarity to your tasks with the spectacular
Windows Aero user experience and Windows Flip 3DA, allowing you to see
everything you're working on at a glance.

2. BECAUSE ALL OF YOUR MUSIC IS JUST A REMOTE CONTROL CLICK AWAY
Navigate and play your music collection with just the click of a remote
control! Windows Media Center and a compatible remote controlM let you
quickly search and select tracks visually by album art, or by artist,
album title, song, year, or genre. Share your Media Center screen and
remoteM and give everyone the chance to mix and play their favorites.

3. IT'S THE SAFEST VERSION OF WINDOWS EVER
Windows Vista provides better protection for your PC, your personal
information, and your family than any previous version of Windows—with
new security tools like Windows Defender, anti-spam and phishing
filters, and Parental Controls. Automatic backups, Performance
Self-Tuning, and built-in diagnostics help you keep your data protected
and your PC running smoothly.

4. SEE YOUR WORLD IN A WHOLE NEW LIGHT
The breakthrough design of the Windows AeroA user interface brings new
clarity to your PC experience. With spectacular visual effects, like
translucent glass-like menu bars that let you see behind your
application window, you're one click away from everything you're
working with.

5. IT CAN FIND YOUR STUFF
All-new search and organization tools in Windows Vista will help you
quickly find what you need on your hard drive or on the web. Instantly
find and launch a document, photo, e-mail, song, video, file, or
program on your PC with Instant Search.

6. BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THE RUN
Windows Vista offers new mobility features that let you stay productive
and entertained on the go. Windows Mobility Center, Network and Sharing
Center, and Sync Center help you stay connected and keep your PC and
portable devices up to date with your latest calendar, contacts, and
music. Choose an ultra-light Tablet PCA and use a digital pen to
handwrite notes or make sketches on the run. Take a break and enjoy
your favorite TV shows, movies, music, and games wherever you find
yourself, with Windows Media CenterM on your notebook PC.

7. BECAUSE YOU CAN FREEZE TIME
Organize a lifetime of photos and home movies with ease using Windows
Photo Gallery. Tag your photos by date, keyword, star rating, or any
identifying label you choose—so you can find them when you want them.

8. YOUR PC CAN TAKE CARE OF ITSELF
Performance Self Tuning, Self-Healing technologies, Built-in
Diagnostics, and repair tools keep your computer running at its best
and provide automatic fixes, so you can spend less time dealing with
problems and enjoy a more reliable PC experience.

9. UNCHAIN YOUR MOBILE PC
Network and Sharing Center lets you set up a wireless networkN at home
so you can experience the freedom of working from your living room,
backyard, or anywhere in your home.

10. SURF MORE SAFELY
Dynamic Security Protection in Windows Internet Explorer 7 helps
protect your PC and your personal information when you're online.
Internet Explorer 7 also includes many new features designed to help
protect you against malware.

11. HELP PROTECT YOUR KIDS ONLINE
Manage family access to Internet sites through centralized Parental
Controls that let you set browsing controls that restrict access to
inappropriate sites and give your children a safer Internet
experience.

12. SCHEDULE SHOWTIME ON YOUR TIME
Windows Media CenterM makes it simple to get your favorite television
shows on your own time. Use a compatible remote control and the
built-in television guide to find, schedule, and record live TV—and
watch your shows on your desktop PC, laptop, or television screen.
Don't miss a single episode!

13. BECAUSE YOU NEED TO KNOW WHO THE BAD GUYS ARE
The Phishing Filter and anti-phishing technology in Windows Internet
Explorer 7 give you a warning when you browse suspicious or known
malicious websites—so you can help protect your personal information
against fraud.

14. MAKE ANY ROOM A MEDIA ROOM
With Windows Media CenterM, you can access and project your TV, music,
photos, and movies to any room in your house when you connect an Xbox
360 and other Media Center Extenders through your wired or wireless
home networkN. Just grab the remote control, select your favorite
entertainment from your TV or PC screen, and let the fun begin!

15. BECAUSE YOUR PC REMEMBERS TO BACK UP FOR YOU
Windows Backup and Restore Center offers improved backup and restore
functions, with automatically scheduled backups to preserve priceless
digital photos, music, movies, and documents.

16. GET YOUR NEW COMPUTER UP AND RUNNING IN NO TIME
Windows Easy Transfer makes it easier to set up your new computer by
automatically transferring your important content, like files, folders,
settings, and e-mail messages, from your old computer to your new one.

17. IT'S LIKE HAVING YOUR OWN PERSONAL ANCHORMAN
Windows Sidebar brings live information, like weather and news, as well
as your calendar and other applications—directly to your desktop for
instant access. Just click, and you're up to date!

18. CREATE YOUR OWN PERSONAL ARCHIVE
Scheduled and network backupA features help you to protect yourself
from data loss and to preserve everything on your PC to the backup
location of your choice. Automatically schedule your PC to archive your
priceless digital photos, music, movies, TV shows, and documents to
another computer or hard drive on your networkN or other media.

19. WATCH LIVE TV ON YOUR PC
Windows Media CenterM makes your PC a super-powered TV set! Connect
your television input to your desktop or laptop PC, and use a
compatible remote control to watch live TV—and pause the action so you
never have to miss a moment.

20. SET UP YOUR HOME NETWORK IN A FLASH
Network and Sharing Center puts you in control of your network
experience so that setting up, using, and managing your home networkN
is a snap! Connect to your wired or wireless network, share a
high-speed Internet connectionI and printers, copy files between
computers, or take a break and enjoy your favorite online entertainment
at home.

21. PUT MORE PLAYTIME IN FAMILY TIME
Bring the whole family together to enjoy Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans,
an exciting new kids learning game, Purble Place,G and other
third-party games using Windows Media CenterM to play and watch on your
TV screen.

22. SEE EVERYTHING YOU'RE WORKING ON AT A GLANCE
New Windows Flip 3DA lets you flip through all of your open files and
windows with a simple click of your mouse—so you can easily see and
manage all of your tasks.

23. BECAUSE IT'S LIKE A DIGITAL CANDY STORE
You choose the fun—TV, games, music, movies, home videos, or photo
slide shows—Windows Vista has all of your entertainment in one
convenient place. Enjoy it on your PC, or gather friends and family
around your home entertainment center, and let the good times roll!M

24. BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO WORRY ABOUT SPYWARE
Relax, you're better protected—Windows Defender helps defend your PC
against pop-ups, security threats, and slow performance caused by
spyware by automatically scanning your computer and offering to remove
any unwanted software that it finds.

25. IT WORKS WITH THE SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND SERVICES YOU WANT
Windows Vista is compatible with a wide array of software applications,
hardware devices, and services to meet your computing needs. Just look
for the Certified for Windows Vista logo to ensure you'll get a
superior Windows Vista experience.

26. BECAUSE YOU'RE A MULTITASKER
Like to follow cross-links and jump from website to website? Quick Tabs
in Windows Internet Explorer 7 allows you to view thumbnail images of
all of your open web pages at a glance.

27. BECAUSE YOUR COMPUTER CAN KEEP UP WITH YOU WHILE YOU'RE ON THE GO
Windows Mobility Center gives you a central place to quickly access and
set all of your important mobile system settings, such as power,
wireless networking, synchronization, and external display.

28. ENJOY YOUR MEMORIES, LARGER THAN LIFE
Use Windows Media CenterM to share big, beautiful photos and home
videos in full glory on your TV screen. Your entire digital photo and
video library is all right there. Add your own soundtrack to set a
party mood, or pass the remote to let friends and family join in the
fun!M

29. TAKE THE HANDWRITTEN APPROACH
Windows Vista offers digital ink input and handwriting so you can be
more productive on the run. Tablet and Touch TechnologyA, allows you to
handwrite notes, make sketches, and quickly navigate through files or
websites with a flick of a digital pen on an ultra-light Tablet PC.

30. RESTORE YOUR PC IN AN INSTANT
Windows Complete PC Backup and RestoreB takes a perfect "picture" of
your PC's hard disks, allowing you to create a complete backup of your
entire PC—including personal files, system files, programs, and
settings—which can be used if the system ever has to be completely
restored.

31. BECAUSE YOUR PC LETS YOU KNOW IF SOMETHING'S WRONG—AND HELPS YOU
FIX IT
Windows Vista alerts you when potentially dangerous software is trying
to run on your computer and helps keep your PC running smoothly by
warning you when critical resources are low. Windows Internet Explorer
7 also lets you know when your current settings may put you at risk
when you're browsing online and enables you to fix them easily.

32. STREAMLINE IT MANAGEMENT ACROSS YOUR BUSINESS
Centralize management of PCs across your business network with expanded
Group Policy supportD in Windows Vista. Configure security and network
settings, and allow users to access data from servers offline or from
multiple PCs on your network.N

33. PRESERVE A LIFETIME OF MEMORIES
Scheduled and network backupA features help you automatically back up
your photos and videos to another PC or hard drive on your home
networkN—so you'll never worry about losing your priceless memories.
Burn your photos and videos to CD or to DVDs with Windows DVD MakerU so
you can pass them on and enjoy them on a PC or on a DVD player for years
to come.

34. CONNECT TO THE NETWORK AT WORK OR SCHOOL
Domain JoinD makes it easy to connect your computer to corporate or
school networks that are set up to restrict access to users with a
domain user name and password.

35. BECAUSE YOU'LL KNOW IT WHEN YOU SEE IT
Search and identify your files faster—by sight. Each file icon in
Windows Vista is a small visual of the actual file, so you can view it
at a glance and decide if it's the one you want. A video file plays a
short snippet of the full video. Adjust your icon size to your own
preference to make searching even easier.

36. GET A \"DO-OVER\" WHEN YOU NEED IT
Experiment any way you like with your photo images. With Windows Photo
Gallery Viewer, your original photo is automatically saved in case you
want to see it or reuse it in a different way.

37. KEEP YOUR INFO UNDER LOCK AND KEY
Windows BitLocker Drive EncryptionB provides full-volume encryption and
boot integrity checking to help ensure that the data on your compatible
laptop PC stays confidential, even if it has been lost or stolen.

38. IT'S THE CURE FOR RED-EYE
Make every picture perfect with the easy, built-in tools in Windows
Photo Gallery—like Cropping, Red-Eye Removal, and one-click Auto Adjust
to correct the color and exposure of your digital photos.

39. RELIVE YOUR MEMORIES…EACH AND EVERY ONE
Windows Photo Gallery makes it much easier to find, enjoy, and share
that extra-special shot. Organize your images by date, place, person,
star rating—or any keyword tag you choose. Find your pictures at a
glance, or use built-in instant search to sort through hundreds—or
thousands!—of photos in a flash.

40. BECAUSE YOU LOVE WHAT YOU DO
With a myriad of new navigation and organization tools, Windows Vista
makes it faster and easier to do nearly anything on your PC. Flexible
information management tools let you instantly find and view your files
any way that you want, so you can get through your "to do" list quickly
and focus on what you love.

41. BECAUSE YOUR PC WILL STAY UP TO DATE, AUTOMATICALLY
Windows Update routinely checks for the latest important updates for
your computer and automatically downloads and installs them, so you can
always be sure that your computer is current.

42. E-MAIL YOUR PHOTOS WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT THE FILE SIZE
Windows Photo Gallery lets you easily compress your photos and home
videos for convenient sharing over e-mail. The photo-video e-mail
wizard walks you through the process of reducing the file size and
sends off your memories in just a few steps!

43. IT'S PARENT FRIENDLY
Set the rules for your kids' PC time. With easy-to-use parental
controls in Windows Vista, you can set limits on games, Internet use,
applications, even hours of use, so you can help your kids use the PC
more productively.

44. BECAUSE YOU HAVE A NEED FOR SPEED
Need to speed up your computer? Simply plug a USB memory stick into
your desktop or notebook computer and let Windows ReadyBoost do the
rest.

45. BECAUSE YOU HATE ALL THOSE BOXES AND WIRES
With Windows Media CenterM, you can bring together all of your favorite
consumer electronics devices—TV, stereo, DVR, gaming device, and
personal computer—in one neat package, making a PC with Windows Vista
the perfect entertainment solution for small spaces.

46. YOUR MUSIC CAN LOOK AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS
See your music more clearly with Windows Media Player 11: Customizable
album art and a stacking view of your music collection let you easily
find and enjoy your favorites.

47. LET THE FUN START NOW
Find your favorite entertainment faster—by sight. Windows Media CenterM
shows you thumbnail pictures that allow you to quickly identify your
music by album art, as well as photos, movies, or TV shows—by image—so
you can enjoy them as soon as you spot them.

48. STAY CONNECTED WHEREVER YOU GO
When you're out and about, improved wireless networking in Windows
Vista makes it simple to find and join a wireless network at work, at
home, or at your favorite public hotspot—so you can surf the Internet,
take care of business, or stay in touch wherever you go.

49. TAKE YOUR WORKSPACE WITH YOU
Stay connected and effective wherever you are! Sync Center lets you
keep other PCs, server shares, shared documents, digital media players,
Smartphones, Pocket PCs, and other devices synchronized with your
PC—easily in one common place.

50. GET MORE OUT OF THE WEB
Tabbed Browsing in Windows Internet Explorer 7 enables you to
simultaneously browse multiple pages on the Internet in one window.

51. BECAUSE YOU LIVE TO PLAY
Windows Games Explorer makes it easier to install, organize, and play
your games. Thumbnail graphics for each game give you easy access and
detailed information, such as the game publisher, the genre and rating
for each game, and when you last played.

52. TAKE CONTROL OF GAME TIME
Manage playtime with tools that set time limits and control access to
games with appropriate content for your family. Games Explorer lets you
review and organize games according to game title, rating, category, or
content. Parental Controls make it easy to monitor children's gaming
activity and to restrict access to inappropriate games.

53. BECAUSE YOU CAN GET MORE DONE WHEN YOU WORK TOGETHER
Use Windows Meeting SpaceA to invite friends or colleagues to work with
you on projects over the Internet, a company network, or an ad-hoc
wireless network.N Pass notes in class, swap photos at a favorite
hotspot, or share your desktop to edit documents or take notes.

54. STAY ENTERTAINED WHEREVER YOU GO
Use your portable notebook PC to record and watch your favorite
programs and movies with Windows Media CenterM—then watch them on the
plane or in your hotel room.

55. BECAUSE SUCCESS TOMORROW STARTS TODAY
Windows Vista makes it easier to find, use, and share your documents,
research, and other schoolwork. Organize files by date, place, or
person—or label them with any word you choose—and find them in an
instant.

56. PRINT WHAT YOU SEE
Windows Internet Explorer 7 lets you print out exactly what you see on
the web and reduces printing waste by automatically shrinking pages to
fit your paper so images don't get cut out and by allowing you to print
only selected text or pictures.

57. BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED A PC TO WATCH YOUR HOME MOVIES
Windows DVD MakerU lets you create professional-looking DVDs of your
photos and home movies—complete with transitions and chapters—that you
can watch on your home DVD player. That makes it easier to share
digital photos and videos of your family events with all of the
relatives—even if they don't have a PC of their own.

58. FILL YOUR HOME WITH MUSIC
The media sharing feature in Windows Media Player 11 lets you find,
access, and listen to your digital music collection anywhere on your
home network.N With PC-to-PC sharing, digital media receivers, and
other devices connected to your network, you can rock out in any room
of your house—or in multiple rooms.

59. MAKE A MASTERPIECE
Blend your photos and home videos into a rich movie experience,
complete with soundtrack, titles and credits, and creative
transitions.

60. BECAUSE YOU WANT YOUR VIDEO MEMORIES TO STAY TRUE TO LIFE
Windows Movie Maker lets you retain high-definition quality as you
capture, edit, and publish movies from your HD camcorder.

61. STAND STRONG AGAINST HACKERS
The easy-to-use Windows Firewall with Advanced Security provides
advanced protection to help shield you and your PC from malicious
attacks.

62. BECAUSE IT REMEMBERS WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO—AND HELPS YOU DO IT FASTER
Windows SuperFetch helps improve PC responsiveness and helps make
system performance more consistent by tracking which applications you
use most often and preloading them into memory for quick access.

63. HELP IS ALWAYS AVAILABLE
Whether you're a first-time user or an expert, the built-in Help System
is designed to aid you in quickly learning new tasks, providing
step-by-step support, and solving problems that Windows Vista has not
automatically taken care of for you.

64. KEEP YOUR FILES CONFIDENTIAL
Encrypting File SystemD (EFS) allows you to encrypt files and
folders—so if two people are sharing a PC, the data of each user is not
available to the other. Windows Vista makes EFS easier to manage by
allowing you to store EFS keys on smart cards.

65. SEND A FAX ON THE SPOT
Windows Fax and ScanD makes sending and receiving faxes directly from
your PC as simple as using e-mail. With fax templates linked to your
address book, it's easy to retrieve a fax number, attach your
documents, and just click to send.

66. BECAUSE EVERYONE GOOFS SOMETIMES
Have you ever accidentally overwritten, deleted, or failed to save a
file you were working on? Shadow CopyD helps you protect your data from
accidental loss by automatically creating daily "restore points" that
capture older versions of your files as you work. Quickly and easily
retrieve documents that you might have accidentally deleted—even if
you've never backed up your files.

67. BECAUSE E-MAIL IS YOUR LIFELINE
Windows Mail has new tools to help you stay in touch and focus on the
e-mail that matters most, with new mail filters to help protect you
from spam, phishing attacks, and malicious attachments. Built-in
Instant Search lets you quickly find any e-mail, even if you have to
sort through thousands.

68. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR FAMILY'S SCHEDULE
Windows Calendar lets you set up shared family calendars and automatic
alerts, so you never miss an important event—whether it's a family
celebration or just a reminder to pay the monthly bills.

69. BECAUSE YOU WANT THE QUALITY OF YOUR PRINTOUTS TO MATCH THE QUALITY
OF YOUR WORK
Windows Vista brings next-generation printing technology to your
compatible printer, helping it to deliver richer color for more
lifelike photos, high-fidelity printouts, less waste from misprints,
and improved performance that may reduce your printing time.

70. YOUR PC IS READY WHEN YOU ARE
Windows Vista has a new Sleep power state that enables you to use your
computer whenever you want, without having to wait for the computer to
boot up. Put your PC to sleep to save documents, applications, and data
to both the hard drive and memory, then restore your previous work
session within seconds

71. KEEP YOUR FAVORITE THINGS AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Search Folders let you save a search and instantly run it anytime with
just a click. Design and save a search based on frequently used
keywords or other criteria, and your existing and new files will
automatically show up in your Search Folder any time the search is
run—regardless of where on your PC you put them.

72. GET THE LATEST NEWS DELIVERED RIGHT TO YOUR DESKTOP
Windows Internet Explorer 7 automatically detects RSS feeds so you can
have personalized sports, news, or shopping feeds delivered directly to
you, and you can stay up to date with new entries all in one place
without visiting individual websites.

73. BECAUSE YOUR PHOTOS AND HOME MOVIES DON'T HAVE TO BE STUCK IN YOUR
PC ANYMORE
Windows Vista makes it simple to share your memories with friends and
family—whether they're right with you or thousands of miles away.
Present a rich multimedia slide show on your PC or TV screen at home.
Easily burn photos and home videos with a soundtrack to CD or DVDU with
a compatible remote controlM—or automatically resize and send photos
using the e-mail wizard in Windows Photo Gallery.

74. BECAUSE YOUR MEMORIES NEED A LITTLE MOOD MUSIC
Windows Media CenterM lets you set a cinematic slide show of your
favorite photos to music—just use the remote controlM to select tunes
from your music library to create the right nostalgic mood.

75. BECAUSE YOU WANT PROFESSIONAL-LOOKING PHOTOS FROM YOUR OWN PRINTER
Windows Photo Gallery guides you through an easy-to-use, high-fidelity
photo print experience at home. Custom-print your pictures in crisp,
accurate color with borderless printing, larger paper sizes, and
international picture sizes.

76. BECAUSE ALL THE RELATIVES WANT A COPY OF THAT SPECIAL SHOT
Windows Photo Gallery makes it easy for you to order professional photo
prints in a variety of sizes, finishes, and quantities over the
InternetI, for mail delivery or pickup at a nearby store. Order prints
instantly—just one click takes you online to order from your preferred
retail photo finisher.

77. CAPTURE A MOMENT IN AN INSTANT. NOW RELEASE IT JUST AS QUICKLY
Transfer photos from your camera to your computer in a flash with a
simple import process into Windows Photo Gallery.

78. BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT MORE WAYS TO TAKE YOUR MUSIC WITH YOU WHEREVER
YOU GO
Using Windows Media Player 11, it's speedy and simple to send music
files from your PC to your favorite compatible portable music device.
PlaysForSure lets you know your music will come through loud and clear,
so you can enjoy it anywhere you go!

79. LET YOUR MUSIC COLLECTION GROW WITH YOU
Windows Media Player 11 makes digital music collecting easier, with new
tools that make it simple and quick to rip CDs to your PC, get new
tracks or a subscription from an online music serviceI, and enjoy a
seamless connection to your portable devices.

80. BECAUSE YOU'RE A MEDIA MASTER
Watch TV, burn shows to CD or DVDU, download a movie, and record the
big game—all at the same time, with Windows Media Center.

81. BECAUSE IT MAKES YOUR TV SMARTER
Connect your PC to your television set, and Windows Media CenterM lets
you access news, download movies, and get other information and
entertainment from leading companies—right from your TV. Schedule
recordings of your favorite series from your TV screen using the Media
Center television guide, and watch them when you want—not when the
networks schedule them. Take your TV to the next level, and use it to
enjoy all of your digital entertainment—including photos, home videos,
and music—on the big screen.M

82. PRESENTING YOUR NEW HOME ENTERTAINMENT HUB: YOUR -PC-
Record and watch live TV. Play movies. Listen to your favorite music.
View your photos and home videos. With high-fidelity visuals and
surround sound—from the comfort of your couch—using Windows Media
CenterM and a compatible remote control. Connect your PC to your TV and
enjoy it on the big screen. And with an Xbox 360 connected to your wired
or wireless home networkN, you can get your entertainment in any room of
your house!

83. IT MAKES YOUR DESKTOP COME ALIVE
Windows DreamSceneC transforms your PC desktop beyond simple static
wallpaper images, by enabling you to showcase full-motion visuals like
home movies or other video clips.

84. SIT BACK, RELAX, AND PASS THE REMOTE
Windows Media CenterM makes it easier than ever to access and enjoy all
of your favorite digital entertainment using a remote control. Watch
live or recorded TV shows, download movies, project your home video
creations, and view a cinematic slide show set to music on your TV or
PC screen—then pass the remote to share the fun with friends and
family!

85. YOUR PC CAN BE MULTILINGUAL
Support for multiple user interface languagesB means that multilingual
households or people learning a language can install multiple languages
on their PC and switch from one language to another without restarting
the computer.

86. ARCHIVE YOUR MEDIA LIBRARY
Scheduled and network backupA features help you to automatically back
up your recorded TV shows, songs, albums, and playlists to another PC
or hard drive on your home networkN—so you'll never worry about losing
your favorite entertainment. Burn your digital media to DVD with
Windows DVD Maker and create a media archive you can enjoy anytime on a
PC or on a DVD player.U

87. PLAY THE HOTTEST NEW GAMES
From simple to spectacular, there's a game for every age and ability—on
your PC or online. Have more fun on your PC with cool new premium
Windows Vista games like Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans, Purble Place,
and Inkball.G

88. TAKE YOUR GAME BEYOND THE NEXT LEVEL
Hit the latest high-performance games with ultra-vivid 3-D graphics.
DirectX 10 technology makes gameplay more engaging and allows you to
use the same game controller with both your PC and your Xbox 360. With
faster performance and more stable connectivity, it's a blast to go
head-to-head online against your best friends or other gamers anywhere
in the world.

89. TAKE YOUR GAMES TO GO
Enjoy your favorite PC or online games—wherever you go—on your laptop
PC with Windows Vista. Faster, more stable connectivity lets you stay
connected with gamers back home—or anywhere in the world.

90. CHECK YOUR E-MAIL WITHOUT BOOTING UP YOUR PC
Windows SideShowA lets you read an e-mail message, confirm a meeting
location, or check an airline flight reservation—even when your PC is
off! Portable computers and other devices equipped with secondary
screens allow you to view important information regardless of whether
your laptop is closed or in Sleep mode.

91. TAKE YOUR FUN WITH YOU
Sync Center gives you one easy place to sync up your pictures, music,
recorded TV, and other digital entertainment with other PCs, server
shares, shared documents, digital media devices, Smartphones, Pocket
PCs, and other devices.

92. SHOWING IS MORE POWERFUL THAN TELLING
With a Tablet PC and a digital penA, you can easily capture a snip or
screenshot of any object on your screen—whether it's part of a website,
document, or program. Paste your snippet into e-mails, documents, IM, or
other digital conversations to illustrate your point exactly.

93. WORK YOUR OWN WAY
Tablet and Touch TechnologyA gives you new options for interacting with
your PC—if touch input is available on your computer, you can use your
finger to do many of the things you do with a mouse or a tablet pen.

94. BECAUSE YOU WANT YOUR WIRELESS CONNECTION TO BE MORE SECURE
Windows Vista offers enhanced support for new Wireless Security
Protocols, including WPA2, to help give you the confidence that your
wireless connection will be safer.

95. TAKE NETWORK FILES AND FOLDERS WITH YOU
Be more productive when working offline. Corporate Roaming and Offline
Files and FoldersD allow you to take network files and folders with you
on your PC and automatically synchronize with the server more
efficiently when you reconnect with the corporate network.

96. ACCESS YOUR DESKTOP WHEREVER YOU GO
Remote DesktopD helps make it easier to more securely access documents
and programs on your computer remotely from across your home network or
across the Internet from another computer, enabling you to get work done
wherever you have an Internet connection.N,I

97. BECAUSE YOUR BUSINESS DOESN'T NEED MORE THAN ONE SCANNER
With Windows Fax and ScanD, just one click lets you scan documents and
images from scanners and multifunction devices connected directly to
your PC or elsewhere on your network. Adjust your image settings, get a
live preview, and share scanned documents via a routing list.

98. MAKE YOUR PRESENTATIONS MORE PROFESSIONAL
Network ProjectionA lets you share presentations, photos, and slide
shows by making it easy to connect to wired or wireless networked
projectors.N Connect wirelessly so you don't have to share cables or
move equipment, and choose the appearance of your on-screen desktop
display to leave a polished impression.

99. BECAUSE YOU GET MORE OUT OF INFORMATION WHEN YOU SHARE IT
Improved File and Folder Sharing allows you to more effectively share
folders and files with others on your networkN by making it easier to
find and configure sharing features, like specifying who you want to
share a file with and the level of access you want to enable.

100. BECAUSE YOUR NETWORK IS THE BACKBONE OF YOUR BUSINESS
Network Diagnostics and Troubleshooting provides built-in diagnostics
designed to help you identify and quickly solve network connectivity
problems.

::OH Hmmm....:::sweating:


--
Yogesh A
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yogesh A's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=47085
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=969967

http://forums.techarena.in
 
C

Clear Windows

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

Even this post was bloated just like crapista!
 
C

Canuck57

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...

> Even this post was bloated just like crapista!


And repetitive.
 
B

brummyfan

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"Canuck57" wrote:

>
> "Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
> news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
>
> > Even this post was bloated just like crapista!

>
> And repetitive.
>
>
>


I found one reason not to get exited about vista.
1.It is CRAP.
 
N

Not Me

There are as many reasons against as there are for.
Personally, I just plain don't like what they have done with it.
It reminds me of AOL software, YECHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

--
A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
CarGodZeroOne@hotmail.com
Change Alpha to Numeric to reply

"Yogesh A" <Yogesh.A.39jxvd@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:Yogesh.A.39jxvd@DoNotSpam.com...
> I m not sure they are 100% true for example 61th reason
> Its not more safe against hackers
> 100 Reasons You'll Be Speechless
> Seeing Windows Vista for the first time may leave you searching for
> words. Many people just say "Wow." Here are 100 reasons why.
 
C

Canuck57

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5FF38E22-5380-4127-AD9E-A695453B0A73@microsoft.com...
>
>
> "Canuck57" wrote:
>
>>
>> "Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
>>
>> > Even this post was bloated just like crapista!

>>
>> And repetitive.


>
> I found one reason not to get exited about vista.
> 1.It is CRAP.


Agreed. Vista is a piece of CRAP.

But my time saving people from Vista is coming to an end, time to move on.
For the unfortunate souls that deal with it and have problems, let them know
it is Microsoft.

Keep your XP running and hope Win7 isn't Vista regurgitated.

Or don't wait and run Linux.
 
D

DarkSentinel

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
> Even this post was bloated just like crapista!


Just like when you and the other smacktards open your mouths huh?

--
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel
Undo the munge to reply by email
 
D

DarkSentinel

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"Canuck57" <dave-no_spam@unixhome.net> wrote in message
news:5IFXj.145695$rd2.115971@pd7urf3no...
>
> "Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
> news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
>
>> Even this post was bloated just like crapista!

>
> And repetitive.


Thus sayeth the smacktards.

Pot...kettle....black....get the picture?

--
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel
Undo the munge to reply by email
 
D

DarkSentinel

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"Canuck57" <dave-no_spam@unixhome.net> wrote in message
news:sSNXj.146427$rd2.27077@pd7urf3no...
>
> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5FF38E22-5380-4127-AD9E-A695453B0A73@microsoft.com...
>>
>>
>> "Canuck57" wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> "Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
>>>
>>> > Even this post was bloated just like crapista!
>>>
>>> And repetitive.

>
>>
>> I found one reason not to get exited about vista.
>> 1.It is CRAP.

>
> Agreed. Vista is a piece of CRAP.


Again, you smacktards need to quit blaming everything but yourselves for
your inadequacies. It is not our fault that you don't have the intelligence
to make it work. You smacktards need to man up, and either learn how to
operate a computer with a modicum of competence, or preferably just shut up
because all you do each time you make posts like this is show just how sad
you smacktards truly are.

> But my time saving people from Vista is coming to an end, time to move on.
> For the unfortunate souls that deal with it and have problems, let them
> know it is Microsoft.


Please, by all means shut the hell up, and move on. Those of us that DO have
it running well, and have more knowledge than you and the other smacktards
obviously possess will cheerfully help those that need it. And again skippy,
it is not MS. It is not their fault that you, and others of your ilk are
incompetent.

> Keep your XP running and hope Win7 isn't Vista regurgitated.


Why would I want to do that? Vista works better than my XP ever did.

> Or don't wait and run Linux.


Why would anyone consciously choose to be unproductive? That's not very
intelligent skippy.

--
Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.
http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel
Undo the munge to reply by email
 
C

Canuck57

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

"DarkSentinel" <darkmungesentinel@munge.charter.munge.net> wrote in message
news:OUGu5NQuIHA.3968@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>
>
> "Canuck57" <dave-no_spam@unixhome.net> wrote in message
> news:sSNXj.146427$rd2.27077@pd7urf3no...
>>
>> "brummyfan" <brummyfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5FF38E22-5380-4127-AD9E-A695453B0A73@microsoft.com...
>>>
>>>
>>> "Canuck57" wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Clear Windows" <carlferedeck@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...
>>>>
>>>> > Even this post was bloated just like crapista!
>>>>
>>>> And repetitive.

>>
>>>
>>> I found one reason not to get exited about vista.
>>> 1.It is CRAP.

>>
>> Agreed. Vista is a piece of CRAP.

>
> Again, you smacktards need to quit blaming everything but yourselves for
> your inadequacies. It is not our fault that you don't have the
> intelligence to make it work. You smacktards need to man up, and either
> learn how to operate a computer with a modicum of competence, or
> preferably just shut up because all you do each time you make posts like
> this is show just how sad you smacktards truly are.
>
>> But my time saving people from Vista is coming to an end, time to move
>> on. For the unfortunate souls that deal with it and have problems, let
>> them know it is Microsoft.

>
> Please, by all means shut the hell up, and move on. Those of us that DO
> have it running well, and have more knowledge than you and the other
> smacktards obviously possess will cheerfully help those that need it. And
> again skippy, it is not MS. It is not their fault that you, and others of
> your ilk are incompetent.


That is one thing I hate about Vista, it is always the users fault or the
hardware OEM.

Runs Linux real nice. So not the OEM. I have written MS code and drivers
before, regedit does not phase me. Wonder what the person without computer
experience does? Live with it? I guess so, after all by your assertion it
is there fault.

It is, they bought Vista. Buyer beware.


>> Keep your XP running and hope Win7 isn't Vista regurgitated.

>
> Why would I want to do that? Vista works better than my XP ever did.
>
>> Or don't wait and run Linux.

>
> Why would anyone consciously choose to be unproductive? That's not very
> intelligent skippy.


If Vista works better for you, go for it. But for may, Vista is a PoC.

BTW, Linux is productive, copies files in real fast. By the time Vista is
6% done a 4GB file, Linux is finished the copy. - same hardware. Learning
Linux real fast, not tough either. The menus are better organized and
straight forward.
 
J

jimmel@comcast.net

Re: 100 lies - Why to use Windows Vista

On May 18, 12:23 pm, "DarkSentinel"
<darkmungesenti...@munge.charter.munge.net> wrote:
> "Canuck57" <dave-no_s...@unixhome.net> wrote in message
>
> news:sSNXj.146427$rd2.27077@pd7urf3no...
>
>
>
>
>
> > "brummyfan" <brummy...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >news:5FF38E22-5380-4127-AD9E-A695453B0A73@microsoft.com...

>
> >> "Canuck57" wrote:

>
> >>> "ClearWindows" <carlfered...@wizzmail.com> wrote in message
> >>>news:482ef856$1@newsgate.x-privat.org...

>
> >>> > Even this post was bloated just like crapista!

>
> >>> And repetitive.

>
> >> I found one reason not to get exited about vista.
> >> 1.It is CRAP.

>
> > Agreed. Vista is a piece of CRAP.

>
> Again, you smacktards need to quit blaming everything but yourselves for
> your inadequacies. It is not our fault that you don't have the intelligence
> to make it work. You smacktards need to man up, and either learn how to
> operate a computer with a modicum of competence, or preferably just shut up
> because all you do each time you make posts like this is show just how sad
> you smacktards truly are.
>
> > But my time saving people from Vista is coming to an end, time to move on.
> > For the unfortunate souls that deal with it and have problems, let them
> > know it is Microsoft.

>
> Please, by all means shut the hell up, and move on. Those of us that DO have
> it running well, and have more knowledge than you and the other smacktards
> obviously possess will cheerfully help those that need it. And again skippy,
> it is not MS. It is not their fault that you, and others of your ilk are
> incompetent.
>
> > Keep your XP running and hope Win7 isn't Vista regurgitated.

>
> Why would I want to do that? Vista works better than my XP ever did.
>
> > Or don't wait and run Linux.

>
> Why would anyone consciously choose to be unproductive? That's not very
> intelligent skippy.
>
> --
> Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting.http://www.lockergnome.com/darksentinel
> Undo the munge to reply by email


Obviously, since Microsoft dumbs down each new operating system a
little more than the previous one, a severely "dumbed down" operating
system is what you require, which would explain why you love Vista so
much.
 
C

Clinton T

Is this a joke???

"Yogesh A" wrote:

>
> I m not sure they are 100% true for example 61th reason
>
> Its not more safe against hackers
>
> 100 Reasons You'll Be Speechless
>
> Seeing Windows Vista for the first time may leave you searching for
> words. Many people just say “Wow.†Here are 100 reasons why.
 
N

Not Even Me

"Clinton T" <Clinton T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:847FE0F8-6BF9-46D1-9F8D-3A3167FEB26F@microsoft.com...
> Is this a joke???
>
> "Yogesh A" wrote:
>
>>
>> I m not sure they are 100% true for example 61th reason
>>
>> Its not more safe against hackers
>>
>> 100 Reasons You'll Be Speechless
>>
>> Seeing Windows Vista for the first time may leave you searching for
>> words. Many people just say "Wow." Here are 100 reasons why.


No unfortunately Vista is not a joke MS is serious about it, even though it
is so bad it is 'almost' funny.
I kept waiting for someone at MS to say...APRIL FOOLS EARLY...here's the
REAL new OS, Vista was just a sick joke...
but I think the guy that was supposed to do that had an accident...and lost
the 'real' (actually improved) code.
 

Similar threads

D
Replies
0
Views
32
Dave Grochocki, Principal Product Manager Lead
D
S
Replies
0
Views
50
Steve Clarke, Editor
S
K
Replies
0
Views
5
kharrisma
K
P
Replies
0
Views
67
Panos Panay, Chief Product Officer
P
Top Bottom