Windows

Microsoft Windows news and info.
Every year in the month of April, we celebrate Earth Day. Living in the Pacific Northwest, as the snow begins to melt and the landscape brightens, I reflect on what a privilege it is to live in such a beautiful place. The theme for this year’s global Earth Day is “Invest in Our Planet,” and I believe it represents such an important reminder for us all – to invest. So, when the time comes to celebrate the Earth and recognize the amazing progress Microsoft and our partners are making to reduce our carbon footprints, change business practices to be more environmentally responsible and create more sustainable products, I jump at the opportunity. I’m so proud of the commitments our Microsoft device partners are making with sustainability...
Sonic the Hedgehog races into Minecraft in updated downloadable content that's now available. “From the creative masterminds at Gamemode One and SEGA, this update brings back the Labyrinth Zone, a level from the 1991 game that taught me a) exploring ruins is awesome and b) don’t trust gargoyles,” writes Sophie Austin on Minecraft.net. “Armed with a new mission, you’ll have to dodge obstacles and navigate traps as you try and stop the Master Emerald from falling into nefarious hands! And if that’s not motivation enough for you, then should I mention the new character skins? That’s right, on top of the 24 existing skins, there’ll be five brand new ones!” Open up the Marketplace on your Minecrafting device to download the new content. Or...
Over the past two years, work has changed dramatically. Most employees want flexible and remote options to stay. Cyberthreats are at an all-time high. And with the move to hybrid work, IT managers are challenged to empower their workforces with new tech experiences. At Microsoft, it’s our responsibility to deliver tools and technologies that make hybrid work, work for you, our customers. Windows is central to this mission. Windows 11 is the operating system for hybrid work. It’s built on a compatible and familiar foundation that’s easy for IT to manage. It’s designed to meet the challenges of an ever-evolving cyber landscape and equipped with experiences that help employees do their best work. Since launching Windows 11, we’ve seen...
  • P
  • By Panos Panay, Chief Product Officer, Windows +
Tilting Point’s hit puzzle adventure anthology game Adventure Escape Mysteries is now available for Windows desktops. You can download and enjoy AEM's many stories and point-and-click brain busters for free on PCs, joining 5 million players who have experienced AEM and its continually growing story content. The average ratings for the game are better than 4.5 stars. Game critics such as AppPicker, TechWiser, AndroidAuthority and AppUnwrapper have picked Adventure Escape games as the best escape room game. Find out more by downloading Adventure Escape Mysteries from Microsoft Store and diving into the fun. Continue reading...
Basketball has been a part of Natalie White’s life since she was 5. She’s pretty sure her first word was "ball." She grew up idolizing Pat Summit, a legendary coach at the University of Tennessee. White played as a point guard on school teams and in amateur leagues in New York City through high school. All these experiences made her a passionate advocate for the sport. “So often, women's basketball has been regarded as almost a JV version of men's basketball. We have female basketball players used to wearing men's uniforms, used to shopping in the men's section, used to playing before or after the men. Everything is in relation to the men,” says White, who graduated from Boston College in 2020 – where she was a team manager for the...
Back
Top Bottom