Windows

Microsoft Windows news and info.
As a child growing up in Arizona, Carissa Cabrera loved being outside. She’d go to parks with her sister and other neighborhood kids until the streetlights turned on. As she got older, she’d take swimming lessons and go to California beaches with her family – her first exposure to the ocean, which would become the focus of her life’s work. “I think that's where the fascination started,” says Cabrera, 27, a marine conservation biologist now based in Hawaii. But as a teen, it was an award-winning documentary that she watched for an AP English assignment that set her on her current path. “I know a lot of people get to marine biology without that distinct aha moment, but that was mine,” says Cabrera, who had focused on photography as a...
Both Football Manager 2022 and Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition are available now with Xbox Game Pass. Members can immerse themselves in Football Manager 2022, which puts you in control of forging a path to the top of the game, meeting the expectations of owners and handling the scrutiny of the media along the way. Football Manager 2022 Xbox Edition is available with both Xbox Game Pass for PC and Game Pass for Console. Head over to Xbox Wire for details, images and to watch the trailer. Continue reading...
Microsoft introduced on Tuesday Windows 11 SE, built specifically to support the K-8 classroom, and announced an ecosystem of Windows 11 SE devices. The devices include the new Surface Laptop SE, custom built for students and starting at $249, as well as devices coming from Acer, ASUS, Dell, Dynabook, Fujitsu, HP, JP-IK, Lenovo and Positivo, powered by Intel and AMD. “We have heard from educators that they need options that are simpler, secure and work on more affordable devices,” says Paige Johnson, vice president of Education Marketing, in a blog post. “This expanded portfolio complements our current Windows 11 devices for learning, providing even more choices for schools to have the tools, insights and controls they need to deliver...
I’m a software engineer building tooling for Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code to support C++ embedded device development. These physical devices typically connect to a computer over USB, but we discovered we couldn’t use WSL to test our tools on Linux because it does not support USB. We weren’t alone — support for connecting physical USB devices to WSL is highly requested by the community as well. While this functionality is still not natively available in WSL, I’m excited to announce that our summer intern, Nelson Daniel Troncoso Aldas, contributed changes to the open-source usbipd-win project to enable common developer USB scenarios like flashing an Arduino or accessing a smartcard reader. Setup To get started with this...
We are happy to announce, that in partnership with Intel, we are bringing support for hardware accelerated OneAPI/L0, OpenVINO and OpenCL on Intel GPUs to the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Support for these APIs in WSL further increases the choices of compute APIs available to developers and ensures the best performance and functionality can be achieved on Intel GPU platforms. These enable Windows developers targeting applications or containers running on Linux to develop and test their workload locally on their Windows PC at near native performance using the tools and APIs they are used to. Hardware acceleration for these APIs is available for both Windows 11 today and for Windows 10 with the 21H2 update which extends support...
Back
Top Bottom