Windows

Microsoft Windows news and info.
We started a journey to build a native package manager for Windows 10 when we announced the Windows Package Manager preview at Microsoft Build 2020. We released the project on GitHub as an open-source collaborative effort and the community engagement has been wonderful to experience! Here we are today at Microsoft Build 2021… We are excited to announce the release of Windows Package Manager 1.0! Windows Package Manager 1.0 Client The winget client is the main tool you will use to manage packages on your machine. The image below displays winget executed in Windows Terminal via PowerShell. You can see the list of available commands used to manage packages and work with manifests. You can search for a package (search looks at the name...
Happy Microsoft Build 2021 and happy 2nd birthday to Windows Terminal! This release introduces version 1.9 to Windows Terminal Preview and migrates Windows Terminal to version 1.8. As always, you can install both builds from the Microsoft Store as well as from the GitHub releases page. Let’s get into what’s new! Default terminal You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows! This means that any command line application will launch inside your selected terminal emulator (i.e. double click on PowerShell and it will open inside Windows Terminal Preview by default ). This setting is currently in the Windows Insider Program Dev Channel build and can be found inside the console property sheet. We have...
We have been hard at work building new experimental features for the Windows Package Manager. We have just released the Windows Package Manager v0.3 Preview. I would like to share the first major feature to exit experimental status. I also have the privilege of announcing support for Group Policy. What’s New Introducing Import I have been through several Windows 10 environments over the last year. It is hard to describe how much pleasure I felt with the simplicity of winget install as I set a new build up so I can become productive. Things have just gotten better with the Windows Package Manager v0.3 Preview. Now I use winget import, and I can easily help others save time modifying those install scripts. The import file format is...
Hello Windows Insiders! We are preparing the Windows 10 November 2021 Update (Windows 10, version 21H2) for release. We believe that Build 19044.1288 is the final build for the November 2021 Update, and the ISO for this build can be downloaded here. We will continue to improve the overall experience of the November 2021 Update on customers’ PCs through our usual servicing cadence. Windows 10, version 21H2 offered as an optional update in Windows Update. We are now offering the Windows 10 November 2021 Update to all Windows Insiders in the Release Preview Channel on Windows 10 via our “seeker” experience in Windows Update. This means Insiders currently on Windows 10, version 21H1 (or lower) in the Release Preview Channel will need to go...
As web developers we spend a lot of time authoring our code in an editing environment. We then jump over to the browser to use the in-built developer tools to debug and tweak the product UI. The problem with this is that results of the tweaking and debugging aren’t reflected in the source code. In Microsoft Edge, we are currently working on a couple of solutions that are open for discussion, and we'd love your feedback on them If you prefer to watch a video instead of reading, here is a three minute introduction: View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77qEmDlFtzg The current problem with tweaks and changes in Developer Tools Today, browser DevTools provide highly sophisticated visual tools that teach you – for example – CSS syntax...
Back
Top Bottom