SRX1431835233ID WMP does not open. After trying EVERYTHING, including CHAT, all MS offers is the Assure Software Support Plan $149.00 (!!)

J

JL hotmail BM

Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 4:57 PM

To: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Subject: SRX1431835233ID - Micosoft Support

SRX1431835233ID - Micosoft Support

Hello José Luis,

Thanks for contacting Microsoft support. Based on our discussion here are some further tips that should help.

Here is the link for our Microsoft Community: Microsoft Community

Here is the link on how to fix media player issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970908/how-to-use-microsoft-easy-fix-solutions

TheMicrosoft Windows support?site provides self-help for common customer questions.

• Check the Trending topicssection. It covers many of the common questions and issues customers ask about.
  • Check the Categoriessection if you don’t find what you’re looking for in Trending topics.
  • Searchthe Windows support site if you don’t find what you are looking for in the Trending topics or Categories sections.

The Microsoft Communityprovides answers to questions others have asked (yours might be the same), or you can ask a new one for free.If you're new to community, click Get more infofor information on how to search for a solution or ask a question.

A suggestion for you

Searching is easy in Windows 10. You can search for anything on your device or the internet from the bottom left corner of your task bar next to the start button. Learn More.

Something to consider

If you decide you want to come back and get help with this issue or anything else, we recommend our Assure Software Support Plan that covers you for the next twelve consecutive months from the time of purchase.

Thanks again,

Advocate Name

Customer Advocate

Microsoft Technical Support

Please don't reply to this message. If you need more help, come back to Microsoft support. Your service request number is 1431835233 in case you need it.

Read the Microsoft support services agreement.

This message from Microsoft is an important part of a program, service, or product that you or your company purchased or participate in. Microsoft respects your privacy.
Please read our
Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052 USA?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

How to Uninstall and Re-Install Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) in Windows 7 « My Digital Life

Turn Windows features on or off

If for some reason the re-installation of WMP and WMC is not clean, once uninstalled, try go to %ProgramFiles% (and %ProgramFiles(x86)% for 64-bit OS) folder, and deleterename the Windows Media Player folder.

Error: "The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program" when tried to delete Windows Media Player folder to rebuild the database

Windows Media Player Folder In Use

The action cannot be completed

• Deleted under under Safe Mode or WinXP

WindowsMediaPlayerConfiguration.diagcab

• An error occured while loading the troubleshoter

"Windows 7 64-bit" "windows media player" standalone installer

Download Windows Media Player from Official Microsoft Download Center

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/?ws=support chat

I have Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit. Windows Media Player 12 does not start.

I have tried “Turn Windows features” OFF, restarted, then ON, restarted, still no luck.

How to install Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate n

Download Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Thank you for downloading Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211)

Windows6.1-KB968211-x86-RefreshPkg.msu

Windows6.1-KB968211-x64-RefreshPkg.msu

The update is not applicable

• Config settings might be set incorrectly
  • Reset default WMP settings

Hello JL hotmail!
Agent

I'm Microsoft's Virtual Agent. I'd love to help you. You can also ask to talk to a person at any time. Please briefly describe your issue below.

Me

I have Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit. Windows Media Player 12 does not start.

Agent

Here's what I think you are asking about: How to download Windows Media Player. Is that correct?

Me

No

Agent

Here's what I think you are asking about: Windows Media Player on Windows 10. Is that correct?

Me

No, I said Windows 7

Agent

Sorry, I can't understand your response. Could you select one of the choices?
Which one did you mean?

Me

None of the above

Agent

I found this post on Microsoft Community that might help solve the problem.

Agent

Reinstalling Windows Media Player 12 for Windows 7 x64
  1. Somehow, over the weekend, my knuckleheaded nephew was able to uninstall Windows Media Player 12. How do I reinstrall it? ...

Read the full article

Agent

Did this solve your problem?

Me

No

Agent

I found another post on Microsoft Community that might help solve the problem.

Agent

How to install Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate n
  1. Windows media player in windows 7 ultimate n ; please provide me steps to install ; windows media player ...

Read the full article

Agent

Did this solve the problem?

Me

No

Agent

I’m sorry. Can you tell me what didn’t work, so I can try again? Or, you can talk to a person.

Agent

Talk to a person
Genevie A has joined the chat

Microsoft Answer Tech

Agent

Thanks for contacting Microsoft support, my name is Genevie A. Please allow me a few moments while I review the information you provided.

Agent

Please be aware that if you switch apps or change focus to another window while working with us, you may get disconnected from your chat session. To ensure the best support experience, please stay active in this chat window.

Agent

Hi there! It doesn't appear the information you entered came through completely, how I can help you today?

Me

Hello, I have Windows 7 Ultimate N 64-bit. Windows Media Player 12 does not start. I have tried “Turn Windows features” OFF, restarted, then ON, restarted, still no luck.

Agent

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulty of starting up your Windows Media Player. I am here to help you with your concern.

Agent

Before we proceed, can I have your name and contact number along with the extension number so I can call you back just in case we get disconnected?

Me

JL B****** +34.60******3

Me

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Me

Thank you for downloading Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) Windows6.1-KB968211-x86-RefreshPkg.msu Windows6.1-KB968211-x64-RefreshPkg.msu

Agent

Hello JL! Thanks for the information.

Me

The update is not applicable for this computer (none)

Agent

Any error message or recent changes/activity occurred?

Me

Not that I know...

Agent

Are there any changes on your device that may started the issue?

Me

Not that i know... I have a laptop where WMP 12 is OK, but not here (a Dell Vostro desktop)

Agent

Have you just downloaded the Media Player? Is this the first time that you encounter the issue?

Me

WMP 12 cannot be downloaded. This is the first time (few days ago, still trying)

Agent

Got it. Please keep this service request number as a reference to this concern: 1431835233.

Me

Also tried troubleshooting Media Player Settings, Library,

Agent

Jose Luis, what you are experiencing now is being cause by corrupted files, programs or system components on the background that hasn't been fully updated during the installation or download process. It could also be device compatibility on the new OS version.. This can be resolved by the automated troubleshooter that technically resolve the issue. This troubleshooting steps will take only 5 – 10 minutes. If that doesn’t fix the issue we might need advance troubleshooting steps to get it resolved. Advance troubleshooting steps includes remote session tool which is a feature of our PAID support options. We will discuss that later if necessary.

Agent

Please go to this link: http://aka.ms/diag_wmpc10

Agent

Click Run and Next to continue.

Agent

Hello, are we still connected? I have not received any response from you.

Me

Reset default WMP settings - Apply this fix

Agent

Please continue with apply this fix.

Me

But it still says "Config settings might be set incorrectly

Me

and that's the end of the fix

https://notresponding.net/windows-media-player-not-working/I've tried Steps 1 to 6 to no avail

Agent

I have checked that the Windows no longer support Media Player. But nothing to worry, I can provide you the link regarding Windows issue like your Media Player.

Agent

Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

er computer, but I want WMP on this W7 PC...

Agent

Please scroll down below to select Windows.

Me

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-7

Agent

You're on the right track, Jose. You will find answers from the page or even check for some discussion.

Agent

Was I able to provide you the helpful link, Jose?

Me

The link takes me back a few days to square one. Will keep trying. But "Please keep this service request number as a reference to this concern: 1431835233.

Me

What do I do with the ref nr?
Agent

No worries Jose, even though it is no longer supported I will try to search for my own and will send the guaranteed troubleshooting steps on your email on how to fix issues with media player.

Agent

Alright?

Agent

I will also send the Microsoft community link so that you can find some answers there regarding media player issues.

Agent

Alright?

Me

Fair enough, thanks. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=WMP in Windows 7 Search results for "WMP in Windows 7." Found 28439 results. !! I'll check my email. Thanks, regards, JL

Since I was able to provide you enough information, correct troubleshooting steps and correct department that you will need to reach, would it be okay if we will consider this case now as resolve?

Agent

Note that you will receive my email right after we end our chat.

Me

Sorry, but the problem is far from resolved despite all your efforts (the missing 5th star). I'll be waiting for the email you promised. Also, I do not see in any of the forums that MS has been able to provide an answer. Thanks for trying, thanks for your help.

I understand no worries, I will send the guaranteed troubleshooting steps to fix media player.

Agent

I am now preparing the steps.

Me

OK, have a good day. Do you or do I end the chat?

It's my pleasure to talk to you today. I am very glad your issue is resolved. Thank you for calling Microsoft. Have a great day! You may now closed the chat.

Chat ended
Genevie A has left the chat

Microsoft Answer Tech

Agent

We appreciate your feedback
Did we resolve your issue? *

Yes, in one contact

Yes, in multiple contacts

No

How satisfied were you with this MS Support experience? *

Genevie A has tried her best. Waiting for her EM with instructions.

Tell us more about your experience

* indicates a required field

Submit Cancel

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...flowId=smc-contactus&partnerId=smc&ws=support

How to Downgrade Windows Media Player 12 to Install WMP 11 on Windows 7 « My Digital Life

How to Minimize Windows 7 Media Player (WMP12) to Taskbar as Mini Toolbar (Taskband/Deskband) « My Digital Life

Media Player 11 for Windows 7 64-bit??? - Windows 7 Help Forums

Download Media Feature Pack for Windows 7 N with Service Pack 1 and Windows 7 KN with Service Pack 1 (KB968211) from Official Microsoft Download Center

C:\Documents and Settings\JLBM\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Media\12.0

https://notresponding.net/windows-media-player-not-working/

Turn Windows Media Features OFF, restart, then ON, restart.

windows 7 media player not working - Google Search

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom