random shutdowns unless power plan set to performance.

T

TrevorBlind

There seems to be a fairly common issue with pc laptops experiencing random shutdowns, event 41 (63) unless the high performance power plan is enabled.

After much research and several weeks of troubleshooting hardware and drivers I found this solution.

I have a one year old laptop, off warranty. I tried multiple fresh installs, safe mode, cold boots, device driver remedies from windows, pc manufacturer and motherboard manufacturer. Bios updates, replacing cmos battery, disconnecting battery and holding power button down, registry editing, disabling fast startup etc, etc. Literally 100 plus hours, 25 pages of log notes to troubleshoot and a ridiculous amount of frustration. Ram and system checking and hardware analysis. No logs and no error messages in event viewer because power was lost suddenly.

I physically disassembled the laptop twice to look for hardware issues.

Is there a solution coming via windows update? Is there a better solution?

I'm not interested in posting logs or any more troubleshooting or analysis, I have given more than enough time to solve this problem.

Any relevant insight or news on progress of addressing this issue would be appreciated.

Thank You

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom