Incomplete trust relationship with other domain?

F

Florent Duret

Hello

It seems I have a problem with a trust relationship between two domains.

The setup is quite basic:
Headquarters domain is named GVA.EBU.CH. Other domain is named EAI.
There is a trust relation ship between them.
Each domain has its own Exchange server: GVA domain uses Exchange 2010 and EAI domain uses Exchange 2013.

812469.jpg

But from GVA Domain Controllers I cannot "see" the EAI domain using usual Active Directory Users and Computers tool as you can see below the EAI domain is not listed at all.

812470.jpg

Domain trust seems correctly set in the AD Domain and Trusts console.

812475.jpg

NLTEST tool also shows that each Domain lists the domain trust.

From any GVA Domain Controller:

<tt>List of domain trusts:
0: GVA gva.ebu.ch (NT 5) (Direct Outbound) (Direct Inbound) ( Attr: quarantined )
1: EAI eai.eurovision-us.net (NT 5) (Forest Tree Root) (Primary Domain) (Native)
The command completed successfully</tt>

From any EAI Domain Controller:

<tt>List of domain trusts:
0: GVA gva.ebu.ch (NT 5) (Direct Outbound) (Direct Inbound) ( Attr: quarantined )
1: EAI eai.eurovision-us.net (NT 5) (Forest Tree Root) (Primary Domain) (Native)
The command completed successfully</tt>

This trust exists since more than 2 years.
Some stuff still seems wrong as I am not able to deal with that EAI domain as I do with the GVA domain.

From GVA we would like to be able to have "Groups" having members from both domains.

To *try* if I am able to send a mail to users from both AD I created a Domain Local Distribution Group named "testgroup".
Using Active Directory I have been able to add users from both GVA and EAI domain as you can see.

812476.jpg

When I open back "TestGroup" properties the icon of the user changed to the one showing user is from another domain.

But when I open "TestGroup" properties within Exchange console members tab cannot list correct information about the user member from the "EAI" domain as you can see only SID is shown:

812479.jpg

Is there something I have to do to make that trust work so great in order to solve all of this?

Thanks!

Florent

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom